•••

Finn's Pov

Over text

Lacie: K.

I still don't know what happened this morning but I wanted to sort it out. I may have a little crush on Lacie but I don't want to pressure or trick her into anything if it makes any sense.

"Just physical". That quote haunted me. What if I catch feelings and she doesn't even care about them?

I lied about my dad. I told Lacie that he left early today but he left about a week ago.

I texted her to talk about what happened earlier because I want to know how she feels about me. When Kim started to flirt with me in Literature I couldn't stop thinking about Lacie. I would even dare to say that I saw her looking at me but she was probably just looking through the window.

The classes are taking so long and I just want to get out of here but I can't skip either because then the Headmaster would call my dad and figure out that I was living alone and that wouldn't be any good.

Suddenly the bell rings and I head to the cafeteria to have lunch. I was headed to the table I normally sit and I was waiting for Lacie to sit with us like she normally does, but today she didn't show up. I turn my head to the left and I see her sitting with Aaron. I was tired of seeing them together. My fists were closed and full of anger. Does she like him? And if she does, why would she kiss me? And why would I worry? Chosen is gay. Right? Or maybe bi. I'm not sure. And I feel worse now that think about it.

Without noticing, I was staring at her and she probably saw me creeping but why would she care... She was so focused on Aaron.

The day passed and I took my skateboard from my locker to go home. When I arrived I saw a car pulling up in front of Lacie's house. And as I adjusted my vision, I saw the driver. Aaron Fucking Jacobs. And then the right door opened and guess who was with him in the car. The cute girl next door.

I was about to get in the house when I heard a voice:

"Wolfhard! Wait!" Lacie raised her voice but still in a soft, calm tone.

I turned around, with a spontaneous smile attached to my face, waving at her. I forgot I had the house keys in my hands so when I opened my hand to wave and the keys flew all the way over her. And of course, she caught them perfectly.

She handed them back to me and I clumsily caught them.

I entered the house, Lacie following me and while I was locking the door, she threw herself on the couch.

"So, what did you want to talk about, fucktard?" She says in a playful tone, showing a sweet, soft smile.

" I just wanted to say... Hey, I think you're really cool, I like you a lot, maybe we could hang out or something".

"Really funny but can you tell me why am I here?" Lacie says, still laughing about the vine reference.

"Ok, I'll go straight to it. This morning... What did it mean?" I ask, looking at the floor, avoiding eye contact.

"I've already told you. Just physical."

"Yeah, I got that. But do you mean with it." I ask, wanting to know exactly what she wants.

"Well, I think you're hot, and I'm attracted to you" She said with a smirk.

Lacie's Pov

After I admitted how I saw Finn, he started to walk towards me. No expression on his face. By the moment we were inches apart, he grabs the back of my head, his mouth near my ear.