CHAPTER 8

"Regret, pain, and suffering are all part of human life, and are your strengths. With those strengths, please manage to survive the ugly and scary life." ~Just Between Lovers

I woke up to the sound of birds singing together. The bright morning light shone through the window and the morning scent filled the air. I had no energy in me and my eyes still felt droopy and tired.

I looked at the alarm clock next to me and it was 12:15! I have never slept this long. To add on to that, I have missed school, two times in a row. That's a record!

My vision was pretty blurry, but soon cleared up, and I noticed myself standing in an unfamiliar room. Then, it hit me. Everything that happened yesterday came rushing back to me as fast as the speed of light. Seth! I looked around the room once more, but he was no where to be found.

I heard the burning sound of fire downstairs and was able to smell it. Was there a fire? I quickly went downstairs to check out what was going on. There he was, Seth, looking ever so confused while trying to cook. At least I think he's trying to cook. I accidentally let out a loud laugh at his attempt because I could not contain my laughter. He noticed me, shock and embarrassment filled his face.

He scratched the back of his hair and said, "I didn't know you were awake so early. I was just making breakfast. Well, trying to, you know." It took a while for my laughter to die down. That's when I noticed the kitchen counter on fire.

"Fire! Fire! FIRE!" I shouted. Seth quickly looked behind him and jumped at least 20 feet away. "Do you have any water bottles anywhere?" I asked.

"Yeah, there's two in the fridge." He replied.

"Hurry up and get them before the fire spreads throughout the whole house!" I yelled back.

"On it!" He said, running to the fridge. He quickly got out the bottles and handed one to me. We started to attack the fire, him on one side, and me on the other. Surprisingly, the two water bottles worked and the fire quickly died off. We both sighed in relief.

"I thought yesterday was enough. And then a sudden fire happens today. I wonder what might happen tomorrow," I said, completely out of breath.

"I'm sorry." He looked down, a sorrowful look on his face.

I quickly regretted my choice of words and muttered a sorry as well. He said nothing and continued to look down. I sighed, but an idea quickly popped out in my head.

"Do you wanna cook breakfast together? What were you trying to make? I'll show you how to use a stove properly." I asked.

His face quickly lightened up at the thought. "I was trying to make scrambled eggs, one of my favorite morning dishes. My bro- my aunt used to make it for me. It would be great if you showed me." He was going to say something before he said aunt, but I ignored it.

"Great! Let's get cooking." I cheered. We both spend a good twenty minutes going over the steps and process.

"...and that is how you make scrambled eggs. Really easy isn't it?"

"Never knew little bun could cook so well!" He gave me his usual cocky smile. Wasn't he just embarrassed and sorrowful? I shook my head at his abnormal behavior, but I still smiled.

"Last night, you told me you would explain things I needed to know today. Spill." I asked.

He sighed and reluctantly said "Okay. But please don't freak out at what I'm about to say." He looked pale.

"I promise I won't freak out. " I assured. He nodded and started to explain.

"You see, you're not exactly... normal. You are from a world where supernatural creatures exist. There are werewolves, vampires, witches, wizards, and much more. Don't worry, werewolves and vampires get along well. It's nothing like what has been mentioned in many myths about their rivalry relationship. You, we aren't sure what you are. Your hair is very special. You ever see the movie Tangled? Yeah, you can maybe relate your hair to her. When you let out your hair, you manage to become so powerful, by power I mean POWER. It's unbelievable, but just one thing, you can't control it. So when you let it loose, it becomes unbearable to the point people can die."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I'm a human, a normal teenager spending my days in school. Is he trying to trick me or something?

"Your mother is a witch who married a human. Your mother thinks that might be the cause for your power. She thinks it could be the bond between her and a human that caused you to become like this. And your mother is still alive. She made herself immortal during the battle yesterday. And the girl Xena, she hates your mother for supposedly killing her mother. She wants your family bloodline to perish. That's why she's coming after you, knowing you're their biggest weakness."

I was too shocked to say anything. How could this be? And all this time I thought creatures like that existed in only books and fairy tales. How were they able to come alive in the real world as well?

"Are you a supernatural being as well?" I asked.

He nodded. "I can't tell you what I am now. That's a talk for later." He said.

I didn't know what I was anymore. I don't know myself anymore. Why me? It's always me. I don't want to be a part of this.

***
Hello my wonderful readers Thank you for all the support and I really hope you are all enjoying it.

Are you all excited for the next chapter? :)
~C