CHAPTER 10

"Every human walks around with a certain kind of sadness. They may not wear it on their sleeves, but it's there if you look deep." ~Taraji P. Henson

There he was standing, with pale blue eyes and sparkling brown hair. He was very tall, just like in the dream and was dressed professionally in a black suit and white tie. Was he really my dad?"

He gave a small smile and sat on the bed in front of me.

"Emily, how have you been? Do you remember me?" He asked.

"Dad?" I barely whispered. He nodded his head.

"You've grown up my little Emily, yet you still look the same, very much like your mother indeed." He said sadly. His eyes showed deep sadness and despair. I never met him in my life, how does he remember me?

"How do you know me? Mom said I never met you and you left when I was only three months old." I questioned.

"I never left you Emily. Don't you remember me? I have only left for work when you were five." I shook my head. His face showed utter confusion. Perhaps I lost my memory when I was younger? That was impossible though, I don't remember losing my memory during my childhood years.

After a few moments of thinking, his face finally showed realization as he nodded to himself.

"Did you figure out something?" I questioned. He seemed to have broken out of his trance and looked at me.

"It's something for you to know later. Right now, I need to take you somewhere important, It's a place you'd love more than here. And it's safer." He stated.

"A place I'd love more than here? It's safer? Will I be hidden away like I was when I was a child? Please, I'm sick and tired of hiding. Can't we be a family? Even if me and mom are somehow magical, we can still stay together can't we?" I desperately questioned.

"As our duty to keep you safe, we must do whatever we can, Emily. You don't know how to control the power you obtain when you let your hair down. You are innocent and you don't know how to fight using your power. You are the first supernatural being to ever exist with that kind of strength, causing you to be a target for the strongest known group in your world, clairvoyants." He said, sighing.

"Xena? The ones who attacked me? Do you know about what had happened during the attack? Is Xena a clairvoyant?" I asked a series of questions. He nodded.

"Then teach me how to control my power. You can do the least can't you? Help me become stronger and give me confidence. Xena knows I was hidden away without a clue of who I really was. Therefore, she knows I'm weak. If I come back stronger, I could face her. I could help our world." I said with a determined look on my face.

"Emily I don't think that's a--"

"Please! At least give me chance. I won't go down so easily. Please believe in me dad."

He shook his head, clearly unimpressed with my behavior. "Okay Emily, if you say so." With that said, I hugged him as tight as I could.

"Thank you so much, dad. I love you!" I cheerfully said.

His eyes were filled with tears. "I love you more little Emily. It has been years since I last saw you." He barely whispered.

"Now, let us get to work, Seth lead the way." My dad asked. Seth was currently standing in the doorway with a widespread grin on his face. I didn't even know he was there until now.

He came over and offered me his hand as I gladly took it. It felt weird. He was the bad boy in my school, someone I had vowed to myself I would stay away from. Now, we are simply holding hands and figuring out about ourselves more. He didn't seem like a stranger to me anymore. Yet, he still held that feeling of longing in his eyes. I could never figure out what those longing eyes meant.

I didn't know I was staring at him until I accidentally bumped into a wall.

"Careful there," Seth said. I rubbed my shoulders, calming down the pain from hitting the walls and looked up. My eyes widened at the view. There in front of me was a large valley. There were people flying. My human self would simply laugh at how ridiculous that sounded. But, they were actually flying with beautiful wings. In the distance, I saw people disappear and then appear again somewhere else. Teleportation was also evident.

The valleys gave off feelings of security. The grass was greener than ever and the warm air gave off a fresh and loving scent. It was beautiful. I'm standing in the place that I thought could only exist in a fairytale. I thought about myself in the human world. I would have utterly cringed at fairy tales, thinking they were extremely babyish and only for hopeless romantics.

"How in the world did we arrive here." I asked, taking in the breathtaking view. From the corner of my eye, I saw Seth looking at me.

"Well here you have it, the place your dad had talked to you about. You'll be training inside one of the private training rooms, with me." He said, winking. I rolled my eyes but smiled.

"Training starts tomorrow. Follow me and I'll show you your room." He added on.

As I followed him, I saw kids playing together and small bakeries around as well. Bakeries in a valley? Well that's something new, I thought.

I finally arrived inside a small house. "Your room is to the left. Ask any of the maids around here if you need help. I'll be going now, see you soon." He waved his hand, saying goodbye. I said my goodbyes as well and stepped in to the house.

Small? Who am I kidding, this house was huge! With beautiful chandeliers lined up on the top and stairs leading from the left and right, this would be a dream house for anyone. There was a kitchen in front of me with people, supposedly maids, working. I walked over to one of them and asked where my room was. She kindly led me up to my room and I said my thanks.

I hoped the room wasn't as big since I wasn't a fan of large spaces. To my surprise, the room wasn't as big as I had expected it to be, thought there was a large window area, giving me an amazing view of the valley. The room smelled like fresh lavender and gave off a warm feeling. I loved it here.

Too tired to walk anymore, I fell on soft bed and looked at the valley one last time before falling into a deep sleep. It was currently 6pm, but it wouldn't hurt to sleep this early.