CHAPTER 12

"Once you lose someone it is never exactly the same person who comes back." ~Sharon Olds

*****

"Nice to see you again, brother." He said, grinning. Minutes which felt like hours passed as Seth and supposedly, his brother glared at each other. Tension quickly arose in the atmosphere.

"Isn't the weather just beautiful today?" I asked, desperately hoping for the tension to disappear. Both of them turned their heads to look at me as Seth had an 'are you crazy' look while his brother's face lit up in pure amusement.

"We're at the gym and there aren't any windows here love." Seth's brother told me. I looked around as realization hit me. I mentally face palmed as my face turned red from embarrassment. Well, at least they're not sending each other deadly death stares anymore.

"Who gave you the right to talk to her may I ask?" Seth said as he burned holes into the side of his brother's head. I guess I spoke too soon.

"Calm down my dear brother, it's been ages since we last saw each other. That's not how to properly greet me now is it?"

"And this will be the last time we ever meet again. Don't forget how you killed-"

"Watch your mouth. Don't bring up matters that aren't important anymore. It's something of the past let it go." His brother's eyes turned dark as he said that but it vanished immediately.

"That's easy for you to say Peter but I'll never forgot." So that's his name. His brother killed someone?

The atmosphere turned dark and their eyes turned a deep color of red.

"Make sure to keep a watch over that one. I wonder how long she'll last. Xena didn't even seem to last this long." He said as a smirk made its way to his face. Xena- The girl who attacked me and my mother. Did Seth have something to do with her? What did he mean by her not lasting long?

"My time is up now. I'll surely see you soon. Especially her." He stated and looked at me, still holding the same smirk as before." Seth completely lost it then and there. He rushed towards Peter but before he could do anything, Peter had disappeared into thin air, and Seth hit the gym wall instead.

"I'll kill him. He doesn't know who he messed with." He yelled in pure anger as I thought it was now my turn to talk. I needed answers.

I went up to him and lightly touched his shoulders. "Seth," I called out. He seemed to be lost in his thoughts. "Seth," I called out again, but this time louder.

He faced me and his eyes turned back to its normal color. "Emily I-"

"What was he talking about just now Seth? What relationship do you have with Xena please answer me."

"It's too early for you to know please-"

"No it's not to early please I need to know." I pleaded.

He sighed and started to explain. "I was fourteen when this happened. I had a family. It was just me, my older brother, my young sister, and both my parents. We were happy and carefree. Everything seemed alright. Then came the day when it was my brother's birthday. The one you met, Peter. He was the most carefree out of us and everyone looked up to him. We all had planned a large party. Peter was twenty two years old and had a job. While he was away, we all fixed everything, from decorations to cake, we planned it all. I got a call from my aunt that night saying they needed me to pickup something from them. I walked to their house and picked up a present. I thought it was a birthday gift for my brother so I thought nothing of it. When I walked into my house, the lights were off and it was complete silence. I looked at my watch and I saw it was time for my brother to come home. I thought to myself they were gonna surprise him without me, but I was okay with that." When I walked into the house, I saw someone standing in the middle. I thought that was my brother so I thought nothing of it and hid behind the door. It felt like hours passed but no one got out from their hiding places to say happy birthday. I got out of my hiding place and look back at my brother. He wasn't there anymore so I turned on the lights. A scream erupted from me since there was blood everywhere. I started to cry and tried to call my brother but there was no answer. My sister was gone too. The only ones here were me and my parents on the ground I called the police immediately and when they came, they asked me if I had any other family. I told them about my brother and my sister as well as my aunt, but they said they did not exist. My sister, her name is Xena. This is all I can tell you."

Shock filled my face. I couldn't believe what I heard. So his brother killed his own parents? Was this planned? Was Xena in this as well?

"Seth I- I'm sorry." I stated. He had a rough past. Wait, he's eighteen now, how could this have all happened when he was fourteen.

I think I said that too loud as he responded, "think of my age like a vampire's age. I'm 180 years old in vampire age, but eighteen in human age, do you understand?" I've heard this in many stories so I guess it makes sense.

"It's getting late right now. Let's head home. Also, please don't leave my sight, Peter and Xena are both after you, for a reason I'm afraid I don't know.

I wanted to ask him more but I decided to let it go for now. Everything just got so much more complicated.

~~~
Happy New Years everyone! I hope you all had an amazing day. Finally, a long awaited update has been made today, I'm deeply sorry for making you all wait. 2018 was a rough year and hopefully 2019 will go much more smoother. Thank you to all my lovely readers who have stuck with me from the beginning of the book and thank you to all my new readers who have decided to give this book a chance, I love and appreciate all of you so much it can't be explained with words. Have an amazing 2019 ❤️ ~C