. fifteen .

"I don't care who it was," Youngjae yawned, walking over to the couch. "What was your dream, though?" He looked at Jaebum with solemn eyes and asked, "Or was it a nightmare? Was I the monster?" he chuckled.

"Don't say that," Jaebum laughed. "There was no monster," he began, thinking on the spot about what and what not to bring up. "It was actually quite peaceful."

"It freaked you out, though, didn't it?" Jaebum nodded slowly. "It's okay." Youngjae leaned his head down on the other's shoulder to console him the best he could while he was still half asleep, his conscious mind on Jaebum.

"Remember when you asked about my clothes? Why they smelled like cigarettes?" Jaebum brought that up so suddenly, it startled Youngjae awake entirely. "I worked in a bar when I met you, Youngjae. My clothes have smelled like that since I was eighteen." Youngjae's heart started beating rapidly, but he was calm on the outside. He was too numb from the exhaustion. "But you've changed me already," he chuckled, realizing how crazy and stupid he sounded. "A bar doesn't sound good... So I finally got an interview at that bookstore I always hang around. I like it more than the bar."

"Am I other things?" Youngjae asked, not thinking about what he was insinuating or assuming himself. "If I'm other things, then you are, too." Jaebum was silent, thinking of what to say back. He didn't know what Youngjae wanted to hear.

"I really like you a lot, Youngjae," he told the boy, not moving from their position. He hesitated before starting to explain his dream, not knowing if Youngjae really wanted to listen.

"Please tell me about your dream." Their conversation confused Jaebum. It was in fragments that he knew correlated somehow, but when would they return to that? He wondered if Youngjae wanted... me?

"When I worked at the bar, I would have my fair share of regulars," he began. "And one night, this... really strange guy came in. His hair was in braids tied in a ponytail and dyed pink, he wore wide legged orange pants, and a denim jacket with some weird shirt underneath. He had leather and twine bracelets up both of his arms and wore rings on both hands. If I'm honest, I thought he was delusional." Jaebum took a breath and said, "Maybe he was. I don't know, still.

"He came in and asked for lemonade."

"What?" Youngjae questioned, and Jaebum laughed.

"He asked for lemonade. I told him that I'd go look for some in the back. When I found some lemon soda instead, I brought that and he was satisfied." Youngjae looked at Jaebum's knee and focused his vision there as he listened more. "He sounded like he was from out of the country, so I asked where he was from, and he told me he was from China. After he finished his lemon soda, he gave me 5000 won and left."

"That much just for soda?" Youngjae asked in wonderment, suddenly intrigued about this guy Jaebum was talking about.

"Just for soda," Jaebum replied. "I figured that was one odd case and went about my job for the rest of the night, but he came back the next day."

●・○・●
©︎ illjae, 2018

a/n: ig this book just has short chapters LOL, will probably update again tomorrow :P