. seventeen .

"I don't want the same thing to happen with you."
As if she sensed something was wrong, Nora slid next to Jaebum's leg from wherever she'd been hiding. Youngjae never noticed that he had a cat, but figured that was the least of his concerns. He'd never walked into the kitchen either— that's where her food was, he supposed.

Jaebum, with his eyes closed, ignored the feline outwardly but appreciated her fur on his skin— the gentle reminder that she would never leave him, and she never had. He didn't have to worry about her. Even if she went away for a week, she'd be back. He thought of her like an angel who had to be fed, but no one needed to know that.

No, no one needed to know that.

Quietly, Youngjae snaked his arms around Jaebum's shoulders and scooted closer, leaning his head just under the older's jaw. "Is this okay?" he asked quietly. Jaebum nodded, and Youngjae asked again, "What's other things?"

"Take a guess," Jaebum replied."

Youngjae was quiet before explaining, "I did," and then Jaebum went silent again.

He didn't mind that the younger was breathing onto his neck. In truth, he found it endearing, the way his tired breaths were comfortable enough where they were not to move.

"You're not other things," he said simply, opening his eyes only a sliver. Youngjae felt his heart sink a little, but not enough to cry or protest because the position he was in filled him with too much hope. "Other things... One of them is spending this time with you," Jaebum began. "I spent them alone until four in the morning, before I felt like meeting you was fate somehow. I've slept and been lost through so many silent blues, and I just want the rest with Choi Youngjae"

"Is this the first one?" Youngjae asked, and Jaebum nodded in response once again. He yawned, as Jaebum expected from him soon, and breathed harshly out of his nose. Jaebum chuckled.
"Back to bed," he announced softly.

They walked together, this time with the girl who was more comfortable around the stranger, and fell onto the bed quietly. Youngjae found himself nudging closer to Jaebum this time, and he planted a kiss on the older's back, falling asleep immediately after. Nora, like always, curled up above Jaebum's pillow.

Maybe next time she'd find comfort above Youngjae's.

●・○・●
©︎ illjae, 2018

a/n: tiiiiiiiny chapter lol, hope you liked it updating again in a couple days !