{1} THE CRASH

«•»

Ross Mayfield drove down the busy highway, getting back from his long day at work. He worked late, again; not really a surprise to his family at home.

Not all of his family was at home. His eldest, Ivy Mayfield, was at a party. Ross was the only one aware of her whereabouts.

Nancy Mayfield was the strict mother, Ivy didn't talk to her mother much; let alone have any connections with her family apart from her brother and father. Ross still loved his wife dearly, he loved his whole family; that wasn't the case for Nancy.

She didn't want to have a girl, let alone the girl being the eldest and moody. Nancy always called Ivy a 'mistake' or anything rude she could muster up, without Ross hearing.

Nancy controlled everyone in her family, her two children, Ivy and Blake were both controlled but she left slack on Blake's reigns; simply because he was considered the best child out of the two- in Nancys eyes.

Nancy had Ross wrapped around her wrinkly, plump fingers. Her kind, sweet nature came crashing down when she was alone with Ivy; her wicked nature matched her wicked looks.

Ross was just blinded by love to be able to see his wife's awful intentions. The traffic became a blur when Ross quickly looked down at his flashing phone, all the notifications were panic messages from his eldest.

Over at the party, Ivy woke up in a strange room. She looked down and luckily was fully clothed- just confused. Ivy had only remembered drinking some soda an acquaintance had offered her. She happily took the soda and started taking small sips.

The soda tasted a bit weird, Ivy just left it to the thought of it being an off-brand coke, continuing to sip it slowly. Twenty or-so minutes later, the acquaintance of hers-named Ryan, took her to the middle of the dance floor.

Ivy definitely felt weird now, everything started going in and out of focus, Ivy started feeling high on pure joy- and almost was out of her true body.

Ryan's dance moves were quite suggestive but Ivy just shrugged him off, having a good time anyways. All she could physically do- was shrug him off, not having the right mindset to force him to stop.

About an hour later when Ivy woke up in the room, thinking back on the blurred memories she had; sighing and giving up Ivy slowly rubbed her head and sat up straighter in the strange bed.

Ivy heard a chair swivel around and she shot her head toward the noise, a sharp pain in her head following. Ryan sat in the chair, a mischievous smirk planted on his face.

"I thought you'd never wake up" Ryan stated.

"Wha-Wait, what do you mean" Ivy spoke out slowly, stumbling over her words.

"I know you've always had a thing for me, so I just put some encouragement in your soda" Ryan laughed smugly.

"You what?" Ivy asked, confusion clearly spread over her face
"You drugged me!" Ivy suddenly realised what Ryan was leading on.

"It's fine" Ryan walked over to Ivy and slipped his hand up her shirt, resting it on her torso.

"Get off me!" Ivy shouted, frustrated.

Ryan didn't stop trying to get closer and closer to her, Ivy felt like the walls were caving in; suddenly feeling claustrophobic in the large room.

"GET OFF ME!" Ivy finally regained herself and forcefully shoved him off of the bed, locating her phone and purse before quickly walking out of the room and shutting the door.

She took off down the stairs and out to the front yard. Sitting on the curb just in front of the grass, Ivy tried to call her dad whilst biting her nails anxiously.

After all calls going straight to voicemail, Ivy resorted to texting him instead. When Ross looked up from his phone, spotting one message.

Ivy
Dad, please come pick me up
I need to go home.
Something's happened

Ross tried to quickly change lanes into a turning lane so he could find a parking spot, to reply to the messages responsibly.

When the lights went to greens Ross turned right, when a quick flash and a loud *bang* was heard. The light flash didn't go away, so Ross moved towards it; falling deeper into the never ending unconsciousness.