{3} THE PARK

«•»

Ivy got a hoodie and her phone, some cash and other needed items. She slowly pulled her creaky window up, exposing the cold night air to her bare arms and shoulders.

Quickly jumping out of the window and landing a metre down, onto a concrete slab. Ivy grabbed the warm hoodie out of her bag and slipped it on before walking aver to her old model car.

Silently, she started it up and drove out of the driveway safely and made the short adventure to her favourite park.

Upon arrival, Ivy eagerly jumped out of the vehicle and to the centre of the park where a large wooden gazebo was placed.

Someone was set up busking at the spot, Ivy immediately recognised it as her favourite song and started to him along to it.

When the song was over Ivy clapped behind the boy- startling him.
"Nice job! That's actually one of my favourite songs" Ivy cheered, the boy blushed and muttered a quiet 'thanks'

"So... what are you doing out here alone at this time at night?" Ivy placed her hands behind her back and started walking circles around the curious boy.

"I could ask the same thing" the boy laughed crossing his arms over his chest lazily.

"Touché, mystery boy" Ivy giggled, trying to seem serious.

"Oh-yeah, my name is Jaeden" Jaeden struck his hand out, offering a hand shake.

"Well, the name is Ivy" Ivy fit her hand into his and shook it up and down.

The two conversed into some small talk when a deafening silence rang over the pair, Jaeden spoke up, trying to not let the silence consume them so late at night.

"My parents were fighting, and I needed to leave the house. Playing instruments is a passion of mine," Jaeden spoke quietly "you'll never see me without them" he tried to joke.

Ivy checked her watch, before looking up at the boy with sad eyes. "I should get going it's nearly twelve"

"Yeah I probably should pack up and head off too" Jaeden scratched the back of his neck and smile down to the girl.

"Well. It was nice meeting you!" Ivy happily responded

"Yeah. You too" Jaeden responded when Ivy had begun walking away.

{one week later}
Ivy had started school again, she didn't know anyone- except Mia, her only friend. Mia knows everything that goes on with her home life and she's great when you need advice.

Ivy has been staying at Mia's home for the past week- scared of the outcome when she would finally have to go back to the house.

That day was just found out to be today, after thanking Mia's parents and her family for letting her stay- because they had just found out of her home life.

They said Ivy would be welcomed back with open arms any time needed, but it was just their idea for her to go back home and se if she could talk some things out.

When Ivy had made her way back to her house she was greeted by a somewhat kind mother and a sympathetic Jake, she knew she was in for something.

Nancy never acted kind around her daughter- only when she had been just told of something Ivy did, Jake must be acting sad because he knows what Ivy is going to have to go through.

Hours later, all you could hear from the large house; was shatters of glass and ceramics breaking, screaming, doors slamming and banging.

When the sun started setting Ivy snuck out of her house to go back to the park, upon arrival she wasn't surprised to see Jaeden busking at his spot.

Rather than shouting out for him, Ivy just slowly snuck up and broke the silence of one of his songs ending,
"We meet again"