{8} THE MOVE

«•»

When Jaeden's class was over he got spam texts from his dad to go home asap. Jaeden left the school and started driving home, after texting his friends that he's not going to be at school.

He hesitantly walked through the front door and called out that he was home, Jaeden's father stood out from one of the side rooms and held his rubbish bin from his room.

Jaeden's face immediately went a scarlet red colour- because he already knew what the contents of the bin was, "what's this?" His father asked

"My bin that's supposed to be in my room...?" Jaeden answered, trying to act confused.

"What's inside of it?" His father pushed,

"Trash." Jaeden stated.

"Why is there a condom in here?!" His father yelled, fuming.

Jaeden didn't reply, he just hung his head and pointed it down to his shoes.
"I said no sex! It's a used condom Jaeden! You understand what mistake you could've made if it broke!" His father continued.

"It wouldn't have been a mistake, if anything did end up happening and there was a child, I would love it and care for it and be the best parent I could be! And if my child did the same thing I have done I would still love it and care for it- despite the 'mistakes' made!" Jaeden shouted, but staying somewhat calm.

"She has to leave" His father said, "no!" Jaeden spoke louder.

"No? You broke my rule! She will have to leave this house!" His father raising matched Jaeden's pitch.

"She can't." Jaeden spoke slowly again. "What? Why can't she? Did she make the same mistake at her house and her parents kicked her out for it!" Jaeden's father continued screaming.

"Her mother abuses her at home! Okay! You wanted to know!" Jaeden started shouting, shoving his father in the chest as a couple of tears fell.

His fathers face softened but he was still adamant, "You will both leave!"

"This is bullshit!" Jaeden stuttered out.
"Hey! Language" his father commanded.

"No! I'm not living with you anymore! Am I? I don't have to follow your shitty rules or be anywhere near you, I understand why Mom left us! She couldn't deal with you bullshit!" Jaeden sneered, running into his room and packing all his and Ivy's things.

Running out, taking bags out of the house and into his car. Packing everything away and going to Ivy's school, collecting her from class early. Ivy was a panicked mess when Jaeden explained they got kicked out, Jaeden told her to text Finn and Wyatt asking for a place to stay just for the night.

Finn said he was busy all night but Wyatt said they could stay for as long as they liked, because he had his own apartment.

Jaeden silently prayed a thank you to Wyatt before he made his way to his house. "I owe Wyatt so much for this" Jaeden sighed, relieved.