Gondor

I heard of it quickly after it happened. Pippin saw the eye in the palantir. The poor thing.  

"There was no lie in Pippin's eyes; a fool,but an honest fool he remains. He told Sauron nothing of Frodo and the Ring. We've been strangely fortunate. What Pippin saw in the Palantir was a glimpse of our enemy's plan. Sauron moves to strike the city of Minas Tirith. His defeat at Helm's Deep showed our enemy one thing. The heir of Elendil has come forth. Men are not as weak as he supposed. There is courage still - strength enough left to challenge him." Gandalf said. " Sauro n fea rs this. He will no t risk t he p e o p l es of Middle-earth uniting under one banner. He will raise Minas Tirith to the ground before he sees the return of the King.  If the beacons of Gondor are lit, Rohan must be ready for war!" 

"Tell me. Why should we ride to the aid of those who did not come to ours?" Father asked. "What do we owe Gondor?"

"I will go." Aragorn said I only heard because I was standing next to him.

"No!" Gandalf said and I agreed.

"They must be warned."

"Understand this . . . things are now in motion that cannot be undone. I ride for Minas Tirith! And I won't be going alone." He said and that was it. I saw that Merry was waiting as Pippin and Gandalf rode out.

"Merry!" I shouted and he climbed down.

"Theodora." He replied.

"He'll be okay Merry I know he will." 

"Thanks Theodora. He's my best friend and I worry."

"I know and I understand. Come on let's go inside." I said and we walked in. Days past. I was sitting with Aragorn outside. "Do you think they'll light the beacons?" I asked.

"I know that Gandalf will get them lit somehow." He replied and then I saw them.

"Aragorn look!" I shouted and we both ran into the hall.

"The beacons are lit!" Aragorn shouted.

"Gondor calls for aid!" I said and Father looked at us.

"Then Rohan will answer. Muster the Rohirrim!" He replied and I smiled we were ready to go and I had packed everything. Eowyn was getting ready to ride out as well.

"You ride with us?" Aragorn asked her.

"Just to the encampment. It's tradition for the women of the Court to farewell the men." Eowyn said and he saw her sword.

"The Men have found their Captain - they will follow you into battle, even to death.You have given us hope." Eowyn said before riding out. 

"Of course they will." I said and smiled kissing him gently before mounting my horse.

"Now is the hour! Riders of Rohan - oaths you have taken. Now, fulfil them all - to Lord and land!" Eomer shouted and we rode out. When we got to the encampment people were already there for every inch of Rohan. 

"Six thousand spears . . . less than half of what I had hoped for . . ." Father said.

"Six thousand will not be enough to break the lines of Mordor." Aragorn replied.

"He's right." I agreed. "We won't have a chance father."

"More will come." Father said and I frowned we didn't have the time to waste waiting for him.

"Every hour lost hastens Condor's defeat. We have till dawn. Then we must ride." Aragorn said we walked around and then it was night. Merry wanted Eowyn and I to help him get ready to fight. 

"There! A true Esquire of Rohan." Eowyn said and Merry pulled out his sword.

"Sorry. It isn't all that dangerous. It isn't even sharp." Merry replied. and we laughed. 

"Well, that's no good. You won't kill many Orcs with a blunt blade. Come on." I said and we pushed him out. "To the Smithy .- go!" I said.

"You should not encourage him." Eomer said.

"And you should not doubt him." Eowyn replied.I do not doubt his heart ... Only the reach of his arm.                                                  .

"Why should Merry be left behind? He has as much cause to go to war as you."Eowyn said and then said something to herself that I couldn't hear.

"You should be ashamed of yourself Eomer. You are the same man who taught me as a child to wield a sword and never once thought that I shouldn't be able to fight because I'm a woman so why should Merry be unable to fight because he is a hobbit?" I asked and stormed away. I saw Aragorn packing his horse. Where was he going?