4.) I'm Not Okay

Dreya's P.O.V

After I was dressed, I sat in my bed in silence.

Once I regained feeling in both my legs I let out a sigh and stood to my feet. I paced a few times before I finally let out out sigh and opens my door.

It was only like seven o'clock. Curfew isn't until ten, so everyone else from the house is either downstairs or outside somewhere.

I guess now would be the best time to sit and talk to Wyatt in private. I might not have another chance. Not for awhile anyway.

Alright. Here I go.

I walked down the hallway a little bit, until I was stop outside of Wyatt's door. I paused, debating on knocking. Or should I chicken out and go back to my room.

I let out a sigh and raised my hand to knock on the door.

"Just a second." I heard Wyatt's voice.

I heard shuffling around in his room, probably him getting out of bed. I could hear his footsteps getting closer to the door.

He opens the door, and once again I met the gaze of his blue eyes. And I just started crying.

"Come in Dreya." He said quietly.

I true to wipe the years away from my face and Wyatt pulled my hands away from my face and wrapped his arms around me. I had my face in his chest, tears falling.

I wrapped my arms around his torso and just held on to him like my life depended on it.

"Shh, Drey it's gonna be alright." He said trying to soothe me. One of his hands as playing with my hair.

"I miss him." I said through my tears.

"I know Dreya. I know." He said.

"He was my everything Wyatt. I don't know what I'm gonna do without him." I cried out.

"Let's go sit down. We can talk all about it. Or we can talk about something else if you want. Or we can not talk at all. I'll just keep you company so you aren't alone anymore." Wyatt said and I just nodded my head, letting go of him and walking over to his bed.

"I promise it's gonna be okay Dreya. I won't let anything happen to you." Wyatt said as he sat down next to me.

"Let's not talk about me and Dak, okay? I wanna get to know who Wyatt is. What's your story?" I asked and he just shrugged.

"Just a kid who took a wrong turn. I got hooked on coke, and pretty much anything I could crush and put up my nose. And now I'm here." He said.

"You got a girlfriend? Family?" I asked.

"I have family. We aren't close though. My mom dropped me off here. That was the first time I saw her in a year. And I had a girlfriend, but thing just don't work out. I want to get clean, she didn't. So I left her behind." He explained.

"Wow, I'm sorry." I said quietly.

"Don't worry about it. Things change. People just grow apart. It's all part of life." Wyatt said and I nodded.

Now I'm a little worried that Dak is gonna grow apart from me while we are apart. What if he finds himself a new best friend, and he just forgets about me and doesn't come back to see me. What if he isn't standing on the porch when I do finally get out of here, like he said he would be.

"Drey?" I heard Wyatt's voice, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Yeah Wyatt?" I asked him.

"Are you gonna be okay?" He asked me.

"I'm not okay. Not now. Maybe I will be, but for now, maybe me being alone isn't a good idea." I said quietly, refusing to look into Wyatt's eyes.

"Then you don't gotta be alone. I'm right here."