Chapter Six

Thor watches what seems to be the millionth search party march off out into the place grounds. It has been several hours since Suede ran off and it is starting to unnerve him.
"You should not have brought him here." Odin scolds yet again. "Look at the trouble he is causing. I have better things to do-"
"Father." Thor turns away from the window sharply. "Please. Are you not glad to see him?"
"I cast him out for a reason. He should not be here on Asgard." Odin shakes his head.
Disgusted, Thor leaves for the gardens. It is peaceful there and the sunset casts a warm glow. He sighs as he walks, worry consuming him. Where is Suede?
In fact, Suede is passed out on the long grass, having cried himself to sleep. He's hard to spot, disguised by the grass, and Thor nearly trips over him.
"Suede!" He cries out, cracking into a smile. Kneeling next to him, Thor shakes him awake.
"Go away." Suede grumbled, swatting at his hands.
"Suede, please. I thought I had lost you. Everyone is looking for you." Thor smiles, laying down next to him on his back.
"Don't care." Came Suede's response, rolling on his side to face Thor. There is a small silence before Thor takes a breath.
"I'm sorry for not telling you. I have had my suspicions for a while but never been completely sure. Is that understandable?" He frowns.
"Sort of. I mean, I wouldn't know how to break it to me. But I still think I should've been told." Suede sighs.
"I apologise." Thor looks over at Suede with a sad smile.
"I accept your apology." Suede smiles back before army-crawling over to lay his head on Thor's chest. He wraps his arms round younger and they both start to drift off to sleep hidden in the gardens.

"Where the devil is Suede? He should be back by now!"
"That is the seventeenth time you have asked me this, Mr Stark. Would you like the same answer as before or a different variation of it?"
"Oh, shut it, JARVIS." Tony huffs, pacing around the living room anxiously whilst Steve tries to calm down.
"Tony, please. Sit down." Steve begs, patting a seat on the sofa next to where he's sitting.
"I tried that five minutes ago and couldn't sit still." Tony gives him a look. Steve sighs.
"Look. I know you're stressed but Suede's I'm safe hands with Thor."
"Ha! Last time he was with Thor, they got pissed and he rocked up here at fucking three in the morning."
"Tony, please." Steve pleads. The smaller man gives in and flops on the sofa next to his husband, who wraps an arm round his shoulders to comfort him.
"Is Petey at Wade's?" Tony asks after a few minutes of silence.
"Yeah." Steve shifts, stroking Tony's shoulder.
"Huh. Is Pepper picking him up?" He frowns, not remembering giving Peter permission to go to Wade's.
"You were supposed to sort that out. You said you would." Steve chuckles, shaking his head.
"Was I? JARVIS? Text Pepper for me to say that she can pick Peter up from Wade's house today." Tony calls out.
"Already sent, Mr Stark." The AI responds.

A sudden crash on the front lawn, followed by hysterical laughter, wakes the couple instantly. It's pitch black outside.
"JARVIS?" Tony whispers. "Who is it?"
"Suede and Thor, Mr Stark."
"Oh thank god! They're here!" Steve mumbles, standing up.
"And I'm huge trouble. Timecheck?" Tony grumbles groggily. Before JARVIS could reply, Steve has opened the door to allow the drunken duo to tumble into the hallway.
"At what time do you call this? Where the fuck were you?" Tony placed his hands on his hips.
"Oh you wouldn't believe!" Suede giggles. "I've been to Asgard!"
"Shush! They were not supposed to know that!" Thor laughs as Steve and Tony's jaws drop at the same time.
"They weren't? Shit!" Suede bursts into laughter, leaning on Thor.
"You know what?" Steve straightens, taking charge of the situation. "Both of you. Upstairs. Now. Neither of you are in a fit state to be awake right now."
"Thunder Buddy can sleep over?! YES!" Suede grins, dragging Thor upstairs by the hand.
"Be quiet, you two. Peter is asleep." Tony calls after them. He sees Steve's questioning look and runs a hand through his hair. "Message from Pep. She dropped him home whilst we were asleep." Suede and Thor are in fits of breathless laughter as they collapse on the double bed.
"And what time do you call this?" Suede imitates Tony with a silly voice. Thor guffaws, clutching his stomach.
"I cannot believe you told them you came to Asgard! It was supposed to be a secret!" He shakes his head.
"Well, I forgot." Suede rolls into his side with a giggle. They stare at each other for a moment before Thor leans up and kisses him. Suedes eyes widen but he doesn't pull away.
"I-I'm sorry. I-... do it again." Suede blushes brightly.
"...really?" Thor raises his eyebrows in surprise, turning red in the face. In response, Suede leans down and kisses him again; soft, gentle and chaste. His first proper kiss.
Arms looping round one another, they finally pull away breathlessly and smiles at each other.
"That was your first kiss." Thor teases, kissing his nose.
"What? No, I've..." Suede blushes deeply.
"I could tell. Don't worry." They curl up together on the bed, drowsy and happy. And, before long, both fall fast asleep in each other's arms.

"What do we do, Steve?" Tony whispers, laid in bed with Steve's arms around him.
"I don't think he knows." Steve says softly.
"He deserves to know. Bruce wants to try and restore his memories once we tell him."
"Tony. Is that really a good idea?" Steve kisses his forehead.
"Suede has a right to know. And he's been to Asgard. Surely, he must've known something's up?" Tony looks up at his husband.
"Then let's tell him in the morning. Once Thor's gone."
"Do you think Thor knows? He's been looking for him for ages." The smaller man frowns.
"I don't know. I'll ask Nat to look into it. Or Clint." Steve sighs.
"Ask Nat. Not Clint. Dear lord, I can't deal with him all smug about an 'undercover investigation that's top secret'." Tony groans.
Steve chuckled warmly and holds Tony tight.
"You're thinking too much." He smiles. "Go to sleep."
"G'night, Steeb." Tony yawns with a smile.
"Night night, Tony." He closes his eyes with a sigh, trying not to think of how awkward tomorrow will be.