Chapter Ten

"This is a big problem, people. He's out of control!"
Banner had called an emergency meeting and now here they are; the Avengers. Tony yawns and rolls his eyes.
"Do we have to do this now? I'm tired and its been a long day."
"So no change there then. You ain't special, Tony." Clint shrugs. Steve laughs, earning a stern glare from Tony that quickly shuts him up.
"Back in the room, boys? Please? Your 'son' is a risk to the whole world." Natasha claps her hands to emphasise her point.
"Ah right. My 'son'." Tony shakes his head.
Outside the room, Suede hovers by the door trying not to be seen. He can hear everyone's thoughts so loudly, it is impossible not to snoop.
Tony - I really can't understand why I'm here. I want to sleep.
Steve - We should really be more productive. Why can't Tony just shut up?
Banner - Keep calm. Loki isn't running around destroying things. Yet.
Natasha - I wish they'd all just grow up.
Clint - I'm sorry but why does this all concern me? Bloody Nat...
As funny as their thoughts are, Suede frowns in worry. Swallowing uneasily, he freezes. He can't hear Thor.
Running out the Tower, Suede stands in the middle of the grass and stares up at the sky. How did Thor summon Heimdall again?

"YOU CAN NOT KEEP ME HERE FOREVER, FATHER!" The prince's anger cracked across the sky as thunder roars.
"If you go back to Midgard, you will only run back to Loki. Putting everything at risk." Odin reasons calmly, although his temper brews inside.
"At risk? And that is not who he is. He has changed." Thor sighs sadly.
"Changed what? His name? Loki is the same immature, destructive boy inside. Nothing has changed." The king spits.
"YOU DON'T KNOW HIM!"
"I KNOW HIM WELL ENOUGH!" Odin roars, silencing his son. He takes a breath, calming down before he speaks. "I know him well enough to know that you, or I, or any God, should never interfere again.".
There is silence in the grand hall before Thor speaks, barely audible.
"He has changed, Father. I've seen it." Odin sighs, placing a hand on his son's shoulder.
"I know how you are with him. I know that you care...deeply for him. But once he recovers everything about who he is, you will see that he hasn't changed at all."
An almighty crash fills the air, followed by a long "owwwww" which makes them turn their heads sharply. Thor runs to the window and gasps.
"Suede!" He cries in joy, rushing outside to where Suede was picking himself up with a wince.
"So when you do it, we come through that portal thingy but when I do it, I land slap bang on the floor? I get the feeling that no one likes me." The teen rubs the back of his neck.
"Why are you here?" Thor asks, hugging him briefly.
"Oh, erm. I need to talk to your dad." Suede watches him raise an eyebrow.
"My...father? Why?" The blonde frowns.
"I want answers." Suede admits truthfully. "I'm so sick of being lied to."
"Coming from the God of Lies himself." Odin scowls, appearing from around the corner. Suede immediately tenses and glared icily.
"You Highness." He sneers, bowing mockingly.
"And why are you here, boy?" The king questions.
"Oh, I think you know. I want the truth." Loki raises his chin proudly, his clothes transforming into his Asgardian robes. Thor holds his breath, sensing an argument brewing.
"About what?"
Loki shoots his brother a look that reads 'I literally can't believe this man'.
"I want to know why I was cast out. And why you won't let me back in. To put it in simpler terms that you might understand." The God of Mischief flashes a trademark grin that made Thor's heart melt.
"I cast you out because you were a threat to Asgard. I don't want you back on Asgard because you still are a threat." Odin sighs, taking all his strength not to snap.
"A threat?" Loki laughs, shaking his head. "Pur-lease. A threat to whom, if I may ask?"
"To Asgard!" Odin booms, making Thor flinch. "Your 'jokes' and follies were bringing this realm to ruin! I could never keep you here!"
"Ooooo ruin, huh? How very touching. And I suppose your precious realm is much better now?" Loki seethes.
"Brother..." Thor warns under his breath.
"Yes. It is. Asgard is safer now that-"
"Oh shut UP, you old fool! You took me as your son and you were just willing to throw me away. To you own son! The heir to your throne!" Loki vents angrily.
"There it is! Do you think of anything but the throne?" Odin shouts.
"Yes, actually! I care very much about my brother-" Loki turns to Thor, only to find the God of Thunder is not there. They both frown, confused.
"Loki-" Odin starts but an icy glare cuts him off.
"Oh piss off, you oaf." He snaps before fleeing to find Thor, wherever he may be.

"So what do we do?"
"What we always do when a threat to Earth comes around."
"Are you sure this is good idea?"
"We have to. It's our only option."
"Avengers...Assemble."

To Be Continued