Chapter Eight

"You've been in disguise all this time? What's your plan?" Nat interrogates, arms crossed and glaring at Suede.
"No I haven't! There's no plan!" Suede cried desperately.
"So you've said." Clint rolls his eyes, not believing a word.
"It's true." Banner sighs, glancing at the Starks.
"Oh, don't you go backing him up. Have you brainwashed him too?" Natasha spits.
"I don't know how!" Suede whines.
"Honestly, I thought you'd be a better liar." Clint smirks.
"But I'm not lying! He pleads like a small child.
"Oh give it a rest!" Nat shouts, pointing a finger at Suede.
"Nat..." Tony starts.
"Don't you get involved. We're the only ones with sense here." Clint casts Tony a look.
""You really think we'll buy this innocent act any longer?" Natasha scoffs.
"Please-"
"Oh shut up, you-"
"ENOUGH!" Thor stands up abruptly, slamming his palms on the table and making everyone fall silent. "You're all being children. Can no one talk calmly?"
"Thank you, Thor." Steve pipes up, assuming control. "I know you're angry, Nat. And you, Clint. But let's not shout about this." He sighs.
"Suede has not brainwashed anyone. In fact, he probably knows very little about what he possesses." Banner says quietly.
"And how would you know that?" Clint asks.
"I've been looking into it for a while." Bruce admits, earning a groan from Tony. Suede frowns in disbelief. They'd said they stopped ages ago.
"You lied to me?" Suede asks, hurt and betrayed.
"Surprise surprise, it's not just you who can lie." Nat scoffs.
"Natasha..." Tony warns, feeling Thor's temper build silently.
"Yes. I'm sorry, Suede. I'm only trying to help." Banner offers a small smile but Suede just ignores him. "Cut the crap, Bruce. How do you know?" Clint shakes his head.
"I've studied his brain, specifically the hippocampus." He sighs at the blank faces. "Where memories are stored."
"How does that link to his magic?" Steve frowns.
"Well, from what I've deduced, his memory was wiped." Banner glances at Thor, who nods sadly. "So that means he didn't know about his magic.  Or how to use it. And, technically, he still doesn't."
"But that shit with Ultron-" Tony starts.
"I found out when I went to Asgard." Suede mumbles, hearing intakes around the room and grimacing.
"That's what you were doing up there?" Steve asks softly, looking at Thor.
"I shouldn't have." Thor sighs. "I was mad at my father and wanted to prove a point?"
"By using him?" Tony shoots a disappointed look.
"I-" He shakes his head, quite ashamed.
"That's not the point here. How much do you remember?" Nat frowns.
"Not much at all." Suede shrugs. "Nothing personal. Just the clothes I wore and basic tricks."
"What triggered this?" Banner leans forward, interested. Suede and Thor share a look.
"When I found out who I was. Basic things appeared in my head." Suede blushes, embarrassed.
"Is this all you know?" Bruce questions, intrigued. The boy nods silently and then the room is quiet. Everyone fidgets awkwardly before Clint throws his hands up and stands.
"Jeez, this is worse than if Fury were here." He huffs, leaving the room with Natasha on his heels.
"I...Erm, have a lotta work to...you know, work on." Banner stands with a polite nod and leaves the room. That leaves Steve, Tony, Thor and Suede.
"Wanna hit the gym, Steve?" Tony grins at his husband, who nods with a smile.
"Sure thing. Dinner's at six-ish, Suede." Steve calls to him as they leave for what probably won't be the gym.
The silence between the two is tense and unnerving. Casting quick glances at each other, Suede shifts his chair to sit next to Thor, who licks his lips.
"So..." Suede breaks the silence, staring at the wall.
"So." Thor nods, glancing sideways at Suede, who turns to meet his eye with a small smile. Silence yet again.
"I'm sorry about Asgard." Both of them say at the same time, making them laugh.
"But really. I shouldn't caused such a fuss." Suede chews on his lower lip.
"It is okay. Really." Thor chuckled, nudging him playfully. Suede nudges back before pausing, deep in thought. And then, without warning, he leans in and kisses him. Taken by surprise, Thor wraps his arms around Suede's waist, pulling him closer.
"Is this right?" Thor murmurs against his lips after a few moments of gentle, passionate , heated kissing.
"Didn't stop you before." Suede smirks, gazing into his eyes. Thor has missed that smirk so much, it makes his heart ache.
"Won't stop me now." Thor grins, recapturing Suede's lips in his own in a loving kiss.

Odin sure on his grand throne, his face creased in a deep set frown.
"Was it really him?" He asks Heimdall, who stands before him as summoned.
"Yes, your highness. I do believe it was." He bows his head. Odin sighs, unsure.
"Where is he now?" The king orders. Heimdall shakes his head, defeated.
"On Midgard with Thor and his adoptive family." He states.
"The Starks?" Odin frowns.
"Yes, your highness."
"They are not his family. He should know that now. My son has put him in jeopardy." The king mutters.
"A question? If I may, your highness?" Heimdall asks calmly.
"As you wish." Odin answers, slightly irritated.
"Why are you reluctant to let Loki in to Asgard?" The silence that follows is deafening.
"Because...because he is a destined troublemaker. The only thing he ever wanted was the throne, but he would never get it. Removing him from Asgard would save it and it's people from ruin. His follows only led to disaster." Odin explains emotionlessly, before waving a hand. "Be gone, Heimdall." He nods.
Heimdall bows respectably before leaving, not sure how to feel about this new knowledge.
"Oh, and Heimdall?" The king's voice rings down the hall.
"Yes, your highness?" He answers, standing still.
"Summon Thor. I need a word with him."
"As you wish."