Chapter 9: Bitter Sweet

Logan was leaning against the door frame with his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket. He was wearing light blue faded jeans and a plain dark grey shirt which the leather jacket sat on top of. He always looked good in everything he wore which kind of made me jealous. I grabbed his arm and brought him in the house because it was freezing outside, not that he looked cold, he looked like he couldn't be bothered. I shut the door and just looked at him with a confused look. I also noticed he had a black eye and his lip was cut and a bit swollen.

"Nice look Jones, best one I've seen from you yet. It's even better than when I saw you in your bra and underwear" he winked as he nodded towards my sweatpants and abnormally large t-shirt. A smirk appeared on his face which made me roll my eyes at him.

"Oh my God, Logan are you insane? My parents are in the other room" I whispered hitting his shoulder. He winced in pain. What was wrong with him? "What happened to you" I asked staring at his black eye and cut lip.

"Nothing really, it's not that big of deal" he voiced like he was trying to hide something.

"Come on, just tell me" I pleaded.

"Um" he hesitated rubbing the back of his neck. "I may have gone back to the party and I may or may not have beat the shit out of Greg and his buddies" he grimaced.

"Why the hell would you do that?"

"Why do you think Jones? That's kind of a dumb question" I got quiet at his answer.

"You sure you're okay? It looks like it hurts" I said bringing my hand up to stroke his bruise with my thumb.

"I guess this is where I say 'you should've seen the other guy' or 'guys' in this case" he smiled looking down at me. I then gazed at his slightly swollen lip that was cut. I took my thumb off his bruise and then touched his lip. His whole body tensed under my touch as we held each other's gaze. I stepped back quickly in fear of something happening.

"So any particular reason you came here?" I asked trying to pretend that we didn't just have another one of those moments.

"Uh.. yeah actually I came to give you this" he answered pulling my phone out of his pocket.

"Oh my gosh, thank you! Where was it?" I asked him enthusiastically.

"When I went back to--you know--that's where it was. You should really have better password though, like really? Your name? Jones, it's like your asking for someone to break into your phone" he stated. I just rolled my eyes in reply. "Anyways, I gotta go, but I'll see you on Monday" he winked at me then opened the door and left before I could say goodbye. I walked into the living room where my parents were and sat down on the couch.

"You've got that boy whipped" my dad commented while flipping through the Tv channels.

"Dad!" I chuckled with my mouth wide open, I was shocked at what he just said.

~

It was Sunday night and I had accomplished zero things over the weekend. I was laying in bed just thinking about things and crying for no apparent reason. Just 48 hours ago I was almost raped, I was punched, kicked. Nate decided he wanted to ask me what was wrong. Asshole. And now I'm friends with Logan. Weird right? I didn't like the fact that I was his friend, I mean yes, I like hanging around with him, I didn't before Friday night, but something inside me changed. It's almost like he doesn't let people see him for who he actually is. He's not the bad boy, no emotion, fuck every girl I see type; yes he's like that, but I feel like he's just pretending to be and I don't know why. I was more than nervous to see Nate tomorrow at school. First, because all of a sudden he wants me to pretend like he wasn't a total dick to me. Don't get me wrong, I tried to be his friend a few months ago, but he just doesn't get it. It's like he doesn't understand that he likes to inflict emotional pain on people. Second reason why I was nervous to see him tomorrow was because I punched him. I didn't want to see him tomorrow mostly because of that. I didn't know just yet if I bruised his face, all I know is that I punched him really hard.