Chapter 11: Late Night Surprises

Stella

As soon as Logan opened the door I saw him raise a baseball bat to swing it at me. I freaked out. I jumped back and put my arms up to defend myself. Not that my arms are any match for a baseball bat.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah" I shouted as he froze where he stood. "Put down the bat Jackie Robinson" I lowered my hands and Logan lowered the baseball bat. He then laid the bat against the wall beside the door.

He stood there in a towel dripping wet. His hair was damp and tousled and water dripped down his defined body. I knew he had abs. There was a small round scar on the right side of his abdomen. I wonder how he got that. He looked down trying to hide the smile that tugged at his lips and the faint blush that appeared on his face when he realized he was standing in front of me half naked.

"Dude, what the hell?" I voiced with concern. He looked back up at me trying to find an answer.

"Believe it or not I don't usually get teenage girls showing up at my house late at night" He answered with an obvious fake smile and raised his eyebrows.

"Well I haven't seen you in two days and you haven't been answering your phone so what else was I supposed to do?"

"Maybe try taking a hint?" Logan shot back at me. "Can you either finish what you need to say inside or just go home cause I don't have a shirt on if you haven't noticed and I'm getting cold" he added with annoyed tone.

"Trust me, I noticed" I mumbled under my breath while walking inside his house. I closed the door behind me and turned to face Logan.

"What?" he must not have heard what I said. Thank God.

"Nothing" I lied and waited for him to say something.

"I'm going to change into some clothes, I don't know if you want to wait here or not"

"Uh, yeah sure I'll wait here" I responded. He gave me a quick nod and walked up the stairs to go change. I walked over the living room to sit on the couch, but something more interesting caught my eye. There was a wooden shelf against a wall with some books and pictures in pictures frames. I walked over to the shelf to look at the pictures. There was one that stood out to me; it was what I'm assuming to be a family standing together on a lawn in front of a house. I'm guessing it was a mom and a dad along with their son and daughter. The daughter was younger than the little boy in the photo, he looked a lot like Logan. Maybe it was him. My thoughts were interrupted by Logan.

"What the hell are you doing?" Logan looked panicked. He walked towards me pulling his hoodie over his head.

"I was just looking at the pictures you had on your--"

"Yeah well don't, they should even be up anyway" he interrupted me while flipping the picture frame face down on the shelf. He was being a total jackass.

"You know what never mind, it's not worth it, I shouldn't have come over" I stated feeling a little disappointment and turned around to leave. I felt his wrist grab mine and I turned around.

"You obviously came here for a reason, so just say what you need to say"

"Well, I was going to say that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you and even thinking for a second what Nate said could be true. I know that it's not. It's just Nate knows me so well, he knows how to get inside my head and make me think things and I messed up, I know that. And you're right, I hurt people too, and you made me realize it. I just don't like thinking that it's a part of life, I'm naive sometimes and I don't like thinking about that. I don't like being hurt, I don't like other people getting hurt, and I sure as hell don't like not being friends with you" my vision blurred. I hated how I got emotional over the dumbest things like apologizing. I didn't care if I was better off not being his friend. I felt like I needed him or something, I can't explain it.