Chapter 20: Mixed Messages

I woke up feeling a burst of excitement for tonight. Ever since Logan told me yesterday he was taking me to the symphony in the city, I couldn't help but think if he meant it as a date or just as friends. Although yesterday he said he was planning on dating me, I never asked when he was planning on actually asking me out. Either way, I just kept wishing the day away so tonight would come faster.

After I got ready for school my phone started to vibrate, looking down at it, I saw Charlie calling me.

"Where have you been? You never told me what happened after Logan left two days ago, you promised to tell me" she shouted through the phone.

"Well I was kind of busy because he didn't actually leave that day, he left yesterday night."

"What?! What happened? Why'd he stay over? Did anything happen between you guys?" she interrogated. I summarized what happened between us for the past day with excitement. I felt myself blush as I told her everything from getting each other wet at the sink to when he left last night.

"How are you guys not dating? You guys act like a couple, so why not be one?"

"He doesn't want a relationship right now, he said he literally can't have one, but he promised soon, he just had to sort out a few things" I explained from what I remember him telling me.

"Maybe he has a psycho ex, or maybe...yeah that's all I can think of."

"No he's not the type, he said it's family stuff, but come to think of it...I don't think he's had a girlfriend" I said as I tried to remember if he ever mentioned having a girlfriend, but nothing came to my mind.

"Well that's a lot to take in, what are you hoping to get out of tonight?" she asked as I hesitated to answer.

"I'm...I don't know. I don't think it's a date, but now that I think about it...I should probably ask him."

"No don't do that, you don't wanna be that kind of girl," she warned.

"You're right," as I finished, a text showed up on my phone from Logan saying he was in the living room waiting for me. "Shit I gotta go."

"Wait why?"

"He's here, he's driving me to school," I answered while smiling.

"Awww, that's so cute, have fun tonight, tell me how it goes," she said as I grabbed my coat and bag and headed down the stairs to meet Logan.

"Ok I will, bye," I chuckled as I hung up the phone and my eyes met Logan's.

"Who were you talking to?" He questioned as he grabbed my bag for me.

"Charlie," I answered.

"Who the hell is Charlie and why don't I know him?" I smiled at his curiosity then laughed because he didn't remember Charlie from the party.

"Charlie...my friend...who is a girl."

"Were you guys talking about me?" He smirked.

"Why would we talk about you. I couldn't think of a more boring topic to talk about over the phone," I lied as his smile grew wider.

"Jones, you don't have to keep lying. It's totally normal, a bunch of girls talk to their friends about me, you don't have to be embarrassed."

"You know what? You're right, I was talking about you, I was just telling her about what an arrogant dick you are," I grabbed my bag and walked towards the door.

"Oh come on, it was a joke" I heard his foot steps follow me. I felt him getting closer, then a grip held my wrist to turn me around. "You're seriously not mad at me are you?"