Chapter 9

Alex's pov:

My first opinion of Lena Luthor was not pleasant and I may or may not have angered her by judging and assuming she was like the rest of her family.

I know it was wrong of me to judge her but as soon as my mother said "Luthor" all the memories of Lex's crimes came back to me. 

What he did was horrendous, literally insane. All of those innocent people he killed claiming to be cleansing the world of aliens and anyone that sided with them was disgusting. They didn't deserve that, it's uncalled for and extremely xenophobic.

Then you have the crimes of her late father, the stuff he's done over the years, conning people into leaving their homes so he can build more office buildings and science labs. 

I am all for science but I wouldn't force people, children out of their homes just for a science lab used to create god only knows what. 

As for Lillian, well, she is as bad as Lex and Lionel put together. She is xenophobic, rude, obnoxious, pushy, arrogant and so much more.

So when it came to Lena, whom I have never actually heard anything about, I just assumed that she must be like them, I mean she was brought up by them so the Apple can't fall that far from the tree right?

Anyway, after the small chat in the bathroom, I still don't trust her, however I do understand that I was wrong to judge her without doing my research.

I hate to admit it I really do, but Lena really doesn't seem to be like her family. When she told me she was the product of Lionel's infidelity, I kind of felt bad for her. The pain in her eyes that she clearly tries very hard to hide was an eye opener. Luthor's don't show pain or weakness, hell they certainly don't care for others and even though I immediately took a dislike to the young Luthor, even a blind man could see the way she looks at Kara. It's the same way I look at Maggie. 

Maybe I should give her a chance. If she screws up, at least I'll get to shoot her.

Lena's pov:

Surprisingly I actually like these roller coasters, the thrill of them is oddly satisfying.

Kara, Alex and I went on a few roller coasters together and it genuinely wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Alex seems to be keeping to her word too, she has been nothing but civil, admittedly she has slipped up once or twice but I just ignored her. After the first ride or two Alex seemed to actually relax and was slightly more comfortable with me being around. We are both still very far from any kind of friendship but at least it no longer looks impossible. I want us to get along for Kara's sake, she is all that matters.

It was also nice to see Kara and Alex laughing and joking and winding each other up. Considering they are not biological sisters, it's nice to see them so close and getting along just as siblings should. If you didn't know them and you were watching from an outsiders point of view, you would not be able to tell they weren't actual sisters they are incredibly a like in many ways yet their personalities could not be anymore opposite.

Kara is always happy and optimistic, she see's the good in everybody, jeez, if she wanted to she could make friends with everybody, and she is passionate about what she believes. Kara is also clumsy and a stuttering mess when she is nervous. 

Alex on the other hand, she seems to be strong willed and impulsive, assertive, courageous and independent, definitely confident and intimidating. She appears to have quite a personality yet she seems to know as and when she needs to use most if not all of those traits. 

Maybe that's why they work so well, Kara helps to ground Alex and helps her stay in touch with her friendly, less 'agent' side, whilst Alex maybe helps bring out Kara's independent and confident side. I don't know, I'm no psychologist.