Chapter 20

Kara's pov:

I woke up the next morning to the sun streaming through the open balcony and the fresh summer breeze flowing freely through the room.

I smile and turn on my side to see if Lena is awake. I frown when her side of the bed is empty. I get out of bed and get dressed as quickly as I can so that I can go and find my wife.

Thanks to my superspeed it probably takes me about 3 seconds to get fully dressed. I don't have to look far for Lena though because as soon as I open the bedroom door she's just climbed to the top of the stairs with a tray in her hands.

"Lee, I was-"

"Hey! Back to bed missy!" She orders firmly but I noticed the playful smile threatening to break onto her face.

I do as I was ordered and sit myself on the bed and then watch Lena curiously. She follows me in, kicking the door shut behind her and then brings the tray over.

"You've got to get comfortable or this doesn't work, love" she says with an adorable pout. I giggle and do as she wants and it was worth it because the smile that she gave me was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, that and she gave me the tray that had a plate mounted with food on it.

We are talking bacon, sausages, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, hash browns, French and eggy bread and more bacon! Oh and a tall glass of fresh orange juice.

"This looks amazing..." I say in awe, my mouth already watering.

"I hope so, I've never actually done a fry up before but I'd imagine it's fine," she says confidently.

I cut a bit of bacon and a bit of hash brown and dip it into the beans and take a bite. It's like I just had multiple orgasms in my mouth and I moaned subconsciously as my tastebuds explode.

I look at Lena and see her cheeks a little red and her swallowing hard.

"Babe what did you do to make this so good? It should be illegal for something to taste this good!"

"I added some seasoning and made the hash browns myself... I can't speak for the beans they came from a tin..." she says sheepishly.

"You made the brows from scratch?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yes. Everything tastes better when it's fresh plus we had the ingredients so I thought why not?" She says with a shrug.

"I am so lucky. Not only are kind and beautiful and incredibly smart but you can cook!" I say with a chuckle and reach for her hand to pull her closer. "Did you make yourself any?"

"No, I had a coffee, yourself, Alex and Maggie are the ones I cooked for. If I'm honest I think Maggie wanted to throw up from the site of it, she's rather hungover. She seemed a little better once I told her I made hers with vegan meat, if you can even call it meat..."

"Why didn't you make yourself any?" I ask.

"Because I don't usually eat breakfast, a strong coffee is plenty enough for me,"

"No, no, no. Lena breakfast is the most important meal of the day, you have to eat a little something, by that I mean actual food," I argue, how had I not realised she doesn't eat breakfast? It's been almost a week!

"That may be true, love, but I have never really eaten in the mornings,"

"Okay, well I'm going to have to change that aren't I. Help me eat this? Please?"

"No, I'm fine. You eat it"

I sigh, time to pull out the puppy dog eyes. I look at Lena and pout a little and give her everything I've got. I'm not one for sharing my food but for some reason it's different with Lena, it doesn't bother me, it's weird...