Chapter 12

Kara's pov:

"But there are so many pretty rings!" I say feeling frustrated.

"There are many pretty rings Kara but unfortunately you have to narrow it down to just the one" Eliza says calmly.

"I know but I don't think I can, they are all equally beautiful, it is too hard" I complain.

"Well- here, maybe Lena can help" Eliza suggests gesturing to Lena.

I turn to face her and she is smiling. Not just a little smile, no this is an excited smile, she used to get this smile when she was looking forward to something or she had done something she shouldn't have but knew she would get away with it.

I eye her suspiciously "Someone's happy..." I say trying but failing to keep a straight, intimidating face.

"I am. What was it I could help with?" Lena asks curiously.

"Hm... I can't choose a ring. They are all just so pretty" I say, deciding not to pry.

"Do you have any favourites?" 

"I have a few" I say sheepishly.

"You like all of them don't you" Lena says laughing. Such a beautiful sound.

"I-I, no not all of them. Just m-most" I stutter out, my frustration returning.

Lena looks at me thoughtfully and then turns her attention to the cabinets full of rings. She looks at each of the rings until she reaches the end of the isle and comes back a few minutes later.

"You're right, there are alot of pretty rings but I'm sorry, I can't help you, this is your choice Kara" 

"You could just like choose one for me, you're the one that's going to be wearing it" I say hopefully.

Lena chuckles "I could have said the same thing to you but I-" I cut her off and walk past her to the counters on the other side.

That's the one, it's beautiful. It's a white gold band with a white gold outline of a diamond on top filled with lots of little pure diamonds inside it.

It reminds me of my blood family's insignia. It would be an honour if Lena would wear it.

"Hey, what about this one?" I call from over my shoulder. I ask the jeweller if I can have a better look.

"What do you think of this one Lee?" I ask handing her the ring.

She inspects the ring thoroughly, turning it in her fingers and then she holds it back out to me so I take it.

"D-do you like it?" I ask cautiously.

"I would like any ring you choose for me but yes, It's gorgeous Kara, just like you" Lena says with a playful wink.

"T-thats good-" I reply, I can feel the blush spread on my cheeks. "- Oh, we need to know if it fits"

I hold my hand out for her hand. As soon as she places her hand in mine I feel extremely nervous. I look up and our eyes lock as I slide the ring onto her ring finger. We both glance at the ring on her finger and then back to holding each other's gaze.