Three

this is a long one!

btw that's also a completely random number, don't try calling or texting it bc i dunno who will answer (if anyone even does)

. . .

"Harper! What happened today? I saw Damon after my shift ended and he said some guy was flirting with you," Rosabelle said as soon as she reached the booth I was sitting at.

I rolled my eyes and shoved some fries into my mouth. "Damon doesn't know what he's talking about. There was no flirting."

"Please,"she scoffed, clearly not having any of my lies (yes, I knew he was flirting with me. I just didn't want to admit it to myself). "I know Damon and I know that Damon knows flirting."

That was Rosabelle Anderson for you. My best friend. My first friend at this job before meeting Ava and Mia. Well, my first friend besides Damon but he didn't really count as he was more like an obnoxious older brother to me anyway.

"It was nothing, I promise. It's not like I'll ever see him again anyway."

I spoke too soon.

Right when the words came out of my mouth in came flirter boy and his little sister. I mean, it's not like he was hard to notice. I could probably spot him from far away in a crowd full of people.

Rose saw the look on my face and turned around to see what I was looking at. "Is that him?"

I nodded, a blush spreading onto my face. And of course that's the moment Ava and Mia decided to bless us with their presence.

"Why's she blushing?" Ava asked.

"She never blushes!" Mia announced.

"What happened?!" They both asked at the same time.

"Harper's got a crush!" Rose laughed, signaling her head toward the tall boy.

"Ooo, he's cute!"

"Where'd you meet him?"

And that is when I once again had to retell the story as to how I met flirter boy.

-

"Oh come on Harper! I'm so tired, please just go get me some fries."

"Go get them yourself Rose."

"Pleaaaassseeee," she whined, sending me her best puppy dog eyes.

"Fine."

"Yay, thank you!"

Sighing, I got up from my comfortable position at our booth and trudged to the line of people.

I honestly wouldn't normally mind but I was tired. It had been a long day and all I really wanted was to just go back to my apartment and sleep.

Unfortunately for me, flirter boy was still in the restaurant (if you even want to call it that) with his sister and I had to walk right by them to get back to my table. Taking the fries from the counter, I took a deep breath before angling my eyes to the floor and walking back.

Fate was not on my side.

To my horror, I tripped on a chair that wasn't in its correct spot and the fries spilled literally right in front of their table. Like seriously? Could I have any worse luck.

"Sorry," I mumbled, looking up and pushing some hair out of my face. I made direct eye contact with flirter boy before blushing and looking down again.

I quickly stood up and speed walked back to the booth before sinking down in complete embarrassment. My three so-called friends were in tears from laughing so hard.

"I hate you guys."

"Oh you love us," Mia laughed, trying to catch her breath.

"Whatever. I'm going home."

"Aw, c'mon Harp. It wasn't that bad."

"It was horrible!" I cried, grabbing my bag. "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Tell Damon we love him!" Rose called out to me on my way out the door. I waved my hand up in the air to let her know I heard her.

I was halfway out before I heard a 'hey!' and a hand was placed on my shoulder. Turning around quickly, I looked up surprised to see the lovely face of flirter boy.

"You're that princess from earlier. Um, what's her name. Rapunzel!"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I stumbled out, shocked at the conversation that was currently happening.

"Right, right. You're not allowed to break integrity or whatever. Gotcha."

"No, seriously. I really don't know what you're talking about." I took a step back before checking my phone. "I really should be going."

"I know you're not going to accept my accusation or anything but I just wanted to say thank you again for earlier. You made Charlotte really happy."

A small smile formed on my face knowing I made the little girls day. "Well, I'm happy whoever it was did that but it wasn't me. Now, I really should be going."

"Yeah, right. Of course. See you tomorrow Punzie."

Flirter boy then sent me a smile before turning around and walking back to his sister. After that I rushed out of the park, not even looking behind me for the fireworks.

. . .

When I got home I rushed into my bedroom, not even saying a 'hello' to Damon. I threw my purse onto my bed and grabbed a pair of pajamas from my dresser. I was tired and I wasn't having any of it, especially after that little conversation with Noah.

I crawled into bed after changing into my pajamas, a crinkling sound in my sheets making me groan. Throwing the sheets off, I palmed at the piece of paper that had fallen out of my purse. All that was written on it was a simple name, phone number, and the words 'text me' scribbled out in a hurry.

Grabbing my phone, I typed in the number knowing exactly who it was going to be.

To Noah
What do you want?

To Harper
That's no way to greet someone, Punzie

To Noah
My name isn't Punzie. I'm not Rapunzel

To Harper
What should I call you then, princess?

To Harper
Ah, never mind. I like that. Princess.

To Noah
Don't call me princess. It's Harper.

To Harper
Nah, I like princess, princess.

To Noah
Ugh, whatever. What do you want?

To Harper
Well, I wanted your number

To Noah
Well you're not getting that.

To Harper
Princess?

To Noah
What.

To Noah
And don't call me princess

To Harper
You're texting me sweetheart. I've got your number now.

To Noah
Shit

To Harper
Princesses shouldn't curse. It's un-princess like.

To Noah
Shut up

To Harper
Goodnight princess