Eight

Charlotte's dance recital had just finished and I was currently wringing my hands together in anticipation.

"Hey, calm down. It's gonna be okay," Noah whispered into my ear, putting his hand on top of mine in a soothing gesture. "She'll love you."

"I know. I'm just a bit nervous is all. What if she recognizes me? I won't know what to do."

"I'm sure if she does you'll come up with something, you're smart that way. But Charlotte doesn't pay that much attention to those things anyway so I'm sure you'll be fine."

"Okay. If you're sure."

"I'm positive."

-

"Nice to meet you Ms. Harper!" Charlotte giggled when Noah introduced me.

"It's nice to meet you too, Charlotte," I smiled warmly down at the little girl. "And you can just call me Harper, honey. No need for the Ms part."

"Okay!"

Noah sent me a smile and a knowing look that said 'I told you so'. I chuckled and rolled my eyes at him.

"No-No, can we get ice cream?" Charlotte asked, eyes wide in a pleading way that you just couldn't say no to.

"Well how could I say no to that face?" He laughed, bending down to pick up Charlotte before taking my hand into his own. "Are you up for some ice cream Harper?"

"Always," I smiled.

. . .

We made it to the ice cream shop and Charlotte and I gave Noah our orders before going to find a booth we could sit at since the place was fairly crowded.

"Do you enjoy dancing, Charlotte?" I asked, trying to start a conversation with the little girl once we had found a place to sit.

"Yep! I love it so so so much! Especially when Noah comes to my recitals!"

"Well I'm so happy you love dancing! What else do you like to do?"

"I like to swim and read and draw and color and eat ice cream!"

"Oh wow! You sure do love a lot of things," I smiled.

"Yep! What do you like to do?"

"Well, lets see. I also love to swim, read, and color. But I really love animals and Disney too."

"I love Disney!" Charlotte exclaimed in excitement. I smiled at this.

"Oh, you do?"

"Yes, yes, yes!"

"What're we talking about over here?" Noah asked as he sat our ice creams down in front of us before sliding in next to me.

"Charlotte here is just telling me how much she loves Disney."

"Oh yes, she does love Disney," Noah laughed, setting his right hand on my leg. I smiled at him, moving closer.

-

"Well, it was so nice to meet you Charlotte! I hope we can see each other again soon."

"Me too!" The four-year-old smiled.

"Alright Char, I'm going to go walk Harper to her car and say goodbye. Stay in the car."

"Okay!"

I smiled at this and then smiled even more when Noah linked our hands together.

"Well I have to say she loves you, Princess."

"She does not," I laughed.

"Oh she definitely does. And, well, I can think of one more person who loves you too."

"And who's that?" I asked curiously, turning to face him.

"Me."

A small smile formed on my face as I looked up at him, my eyes moving back and forth from his eyes and to his mouth.

"Now, I know it's early, like super early. But damnit Harper, you've made me fall in love with you."

"I love you too," I whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

And with that, he kissed me like no one had ever kissed me before.

. . .

lol sorry, i lied. next chapters the epilogue.

love you guys (:

- emma