Chapter 1: Packing

"Marinette! Make sure you pack two swim suits at least! And remember, no phones, so if you have to call us you better have our numbers memorized!" Her mother called from downstairs, stressing out like she did every summer.

"I got it mama!" Marinette packed everything with a Cheshire cat grin on her face. She was off to her favourite place in the world, Camp Kwami. She'd been going there since she was little, about 9 or 10. It was the place where she met her best friend, Alya, who at camp was known as Lady Wifi.

To get a camp name, you have a funny camp experience happen to you. Alya, for example, when she got to camp for the first time, she started complaining that there was no wifi to watch her internet videos with. So, by the power of Master Fu (the camp director who they call master for fun) she became Lady Wifi.

She and Marinette bonded because it was Marinette who started the idea that instead of watching videos, to make her own!

Marinette smiled at the memory and continued packing, and multitasking, she called her BFF on the phone.

Alya responded right away, "Hey girl! I'm on my way, are you there already?"

Marinette giggled nervously, "actually...I haven't left yet,"

"What?!" Marinette could picture her BFF shaking her head, "hurry up, Ladybug, time's a tickin!"

Ah yes, Marinette's camp name was Ladybug. Despite her clumsiness, Marinette always had lucky things happen to her. All the time. They considered calling her Charm, but changed their minds that one day. Marinette had been in the arts and crafts room and (did I mention she was clumsy) knocked over two bottles of paint, red and black, all over herself. "I got it!" her old head counselor exclaimed, dragging the nine year old over to Master Fu. He nodded. Camp fire that night, Master Fu had said, "attention campers, a member of the Tikki cabin now has a name, Marinette will now be known as, Ladybug!"

"Hey girl, are you even listening?" Alya snapped Marinette back into focus.

"Right! Almost done!"

Not wanting to forget anything important, she just shoved all the rest of her clothes into a larger suitcase, and tucked her sketchbook into the previous one. Same routine for the past 6 years.

"Gotta go Alya! See you soon!"

"Later,"

Marinette threw on her grey jacket and dragged her suitcases down the stairs, "Mama! Papa! I'm ready!"

_________________________________________________

Authors note: Thank you guys so much for reading! This will most likely be my first published fan fiction since my other ones are really bad. It might be a slow start, but hopefully it will get better as we go along. For future reference, I love it when you guys leave comments (positive ones, or when you gotta write about them fangirl feels) so feel free to leave some!