4

The next two weeks consisted of no missions, a short memorial service, and no contact with Steve Rogers. 

Wanda and Bri still shared a room, stacked with uncomfortable bunk beds, and Bri could not stand watching Wanda cry. She knew the room was a constant reminder of Pietro, and having his stuff everywhere was no help. 

The two barely talked and barely left the room. Wanda had nothing to say, she was basically paralyzed with emotion. Her time was spent crying and thinking of her twin. Bri hardly left the room, unless it was to get food for Wanda. If she saw even a trace of Steve she would probably slit his throat. 

"Wanda?" Bri's voice cracked. "Let's go get some air."

Wanda's eyes screwed shut, tears falling at a rapid pace. "I-I can't." She wrapped her brother's jacket around her, putting her head down. 

Bri knelt in front of her, placing her hands on Wanda's knees. "Staying in here is not doing a thing for you. Let's just go sit on the grass for a few minutes and then we can come back in."

Reluctantly, Wanda agreed and "a few minutes" turned into countless hours of cloud watching. It was the first time she had left the compound in weeks.

"I'm sorry." Bri said, breaking the silence. "I feel like this was all my fault and I should've just taken the bullets myself."

"Don't you dare say that." Wanda turned her head to look at Bri. "He is the reason we even had the courage to fight. Pietro lit a fire under both our asses."

Bri bit her lip. "Did he tell you..." She trailed off, wondering if he had told Wanda her life story.

Wanda smiled and shook her head. "He didn't have to." She laughed lightly. "I remember he came into the dining room ecstatic that you'd opened up to him. He said he's never had that impact on someone before."

Tears formed in Bri's eyes. She sniffled and looked back up at the clouds.

"Plus, he didn't have to actually tell me. I can read minds." Wanda laughed. "You've been through more shit than anyone in this place."

The two enjoyed each other's company as they grew closer together. Wanda was glad that she had someone around her age at the compound. It was hard growing up without a female influence, and she considered Bri to be a sister. They continued looking for funny shaped clouds, Bri saying that one looked like Tony's head. 

By the time they had decided to go back inside, the sun was starting to set. As soon as they stepped through the corridor, they were met with a smiling Tony.

"Hi, ladies. I have a surprise for the both of you." He clapped his hands together and walked towards the elevators. When the two girls stood in place and furrowed their eyebrows, he sighed. "Well, are you coming?" The elevator doors opened when they reached the third floor. 

"What is all of this?" Wanda asked. The room looked like it had been torn apart and rebuilt on America's Home Makeovers.

Tony wouldn't make eye contact with anything except the floor. "I may have rearranged the living quarters." 

He pushed the door open  wider to reveal what used to be a room filled with bunk beds, but it was now an extravagant bedroom. Wanda's eyes widened as she peered at the mix of her and Pietro's belongings. 

"This will now be Wanda's room. As a welcome present from the Avengers, we hope you enjoy a fresh start." Tony genuinely smiled at the girl in front of him.

"Thank you." Her eyes were filled with tears as she smoothed out the blankets on her bed. "This means the world."

"I'll let you get comfortable and feel free to rearrange anything you want. Pepper made the floor plans, not me, so blame her if you hate anything." Tony closed the door, grabbing Bri's arm and tugging her back towards the elevator.