37

There was only a day left before Bucky went under for treatment and Steve had been gone for the majority of the week.

After finding that Tony had locked the rest of the team in a random, government-funded, extra secure prison in the middle of the sea, he and Bri stayed up most nights to plan an escape. Bri didn't want to endanger anyone and certainly didn't want to leave Bucky before they would be away from each other for a few months.

When Steve saw the conditions that his teammates were forced under, he went crazy. He and Bri had agreed that he would just land at the facility and try to talk to Secretary Ross, but when he realized Ross wasn't there... he couldn't help himself.

Wanda had been put in a straight jacket and looked as if she hadn't eaten or slept in days.

Clint was angry and his hands were bloodied from punching at the steel bars separating him from the outside world.

Scott looked as if he'd been in an intense internal battle and the bags under his eyes gave him away.

Sam knew Steve was coming as soon as the alarms in the building went off. Yes, he was upset and out raged that Tony literally put them in cages. Sam had to be the strong one for the group. The others had families, and Wanda was too young to be locked away for the rest of her life.

Steve had knocked out every single guard and official in the prison and loaded everyone onto T'Challa's jet. He managed to learn how to fly it in record time and even had T put the addresses of everyone on board in the tracking system before hand.

Clint and Scott would land at Clint's farm, then he would send Scott off after they got cleaned up and slept for a while. Wanda and Sam begged Steve to take them back to Wakanda, but Sam really needed to sneak back into the compound to find a replacement suit and Wanda kind of wanted to find Vision.

Steve let them do what they wanted because he desperately wanted to get back to Bucky and Bri before Bucky was put under. He had managed to complete his own mission, designed to perfection by Bri, within four days.

He landed in Wakanda after Bri had finally convinced Bucky to sleep for a few hours. She had planned them a fun day full of activities that Bucky had voiced his opinion on, and Bri couldn't tell if he was too excited or too nervous to relax.

She literally had to force him to lay down and watch a movie to distract him from his constant pacing. Bri even offered a back massage, but Bucky just grunted and pouted before he fell asleep.

Bri was pacing outside of Steve's room at two in the morning, just to make sure he wasn't injured. Steve assured her he was fine and explained how everyone was settling on their own paths. Bri quickly hugged him and shoved him towards his door, telling him that he needed a few hours asleep before Bucky woke up and started to freak out again.

The eventful night helped Bri sleep even better.

She was already tired from calming her boyfriend down, but knowing that her friends were safe and with their families warmed her heart and put her mind at ease. Bri noted that she would definitely make a sneaky trip to New York to get Sam at some point.

It felt like she had been asleep for an hour, but a peaceful hour, until she felt finger tips trace over her exposed shoulder and arm. Bri turned her head and sleepily smiled at Bucky while humming in content.

He had already gotten up, neglecting the idea of a shirt, and tied his hair back just the way Bri liked. She always thought he was so pretty in the morning and joked with him about it being because her eyes were still blurry with sleep.

"Good morning, sunshine." Bri yawned, pulling him back under the comforter with her. "Hmm, you're warm. Like a pig in a blanket."

Bucky chuckled, pretending to oink, and wound his arms around Bri. "I went to run a few errands before you woke up. Even got breakfast with Steve. I'm glad to hear that everything is settled."