34

"Bri, I've been on lockdown for almost three weeks. We've eaten pizza half of the time I have been stuck in here and I am beginning to go crazy." Bucky pulled at his hair. "Plus, I am surprisingly having Starbucks withdrawals."

"Honey, I know. I'm getting sick of you, too." Bri said in a sarcastic tone. "Steve and I are trying to sort out the rest of the arrangements to get you to Wakanda safely. Remind me to never put you on missions that last longer than a week."

She and Steve had constantly been on the phone, typing away on their computers, or on video chat with the royal family of Wakanda. It was tiring and there was a constant string of problems coming up every day. They hoped to be out of the compound on Bucky's birthday, so Bri was also trying to plan a small party for him before their departure.

Natasha had been the only Avenger to attend the signing of the Accords. Apparently, they were so surprised to see her instead of Steve, that everyone came and shook her hand afterwards. The Accords created a divide in the compound as well. Natasha and Vision stayed on their floor, while Sam and Wanda often stayed in Bucky and Steve's rooms, along with the small common room down the hall.

It was a little awkward at first, seeing as the majority of the team opposed the management of their services, but Natasha didn't seemed phased. She continued to say hello to everyone she passed and tried to supply peace offerings through candy and chips.

"Good news!" Steve came barging through Bri's bedroom door, laptop cradled in his arm. "We can fly out in three days!"

Bucky groaned gratefully and started punching and kicking the air with delight. "Finally! I can leave this room!"

"You know what? You could have been helping us with this instead of catching up on every romantic comedy on Netflix." Bri quirked a brow at him and Bucky pouted.

"I'm technologically challenged." He batted his lashes at her.

"Technologically challenged, my ass." Bri muttered under her breath. "Did T'Challa say anything about what we needed to pack?"

"No, but he wanted to know who all was coming so he could provide proper accommodations." Steve replied, nervously shifting his weight. "He said he had multiple open rooms in his own home, which is located above the lab where Bucky's treatment would occur."

The two turned their eyes to Bucky, who was sticking his tongue out while trying a snapchat filter. He only noticed their stares when he clicked the lock button on his phone. "Why are you two looking at me like that?"

"Who do you want to come along on this trip? Or are you making it a solo run?" Bri asked, folding her arms under her chin as she leaned against the back of her chair.

Bucky thought for a second and ran a hand through his hair. "The more the merrier."

"Okay, so you want Sam to come?"

"No!"

"Who, Bucky? We need to know!"

"You two! That is completely fine with me! Jesus, get off my back." He stomped his foot as he stood. "Maybe you two can spend some time with each other while we're there and figure out a solution to the Accords."

"You are so dramatic." Bri closed her eyes for a second before blindly grabbing for her phone. "I will call T'Challa and Shuri and have everything set in stone."

"Does that mean I can leave this floor now?"

"It means we need to have a meeting with the people in this building to let them know our strategies towards your procedure." Bri walked over and sat next to him, taking a quick look at Steve.