19

Bucky made his way up to his room with the full intention of giving Bri her present. It was almost too embarrassing to let the rest of the compound see because he felt as if it wasn't enough. He was glad he had drawn Bri's name because he didn't know anyone else, besides Steve, well enough to buy them a gift. Bri was special to him, but it took him hours upon hours to find something worthy for her.

Steve and Tony had decided Bucky would probably need a cell phone if he was going to start doing Bri's old job in the computer lab. He needed some way to contact the rest of the team in case of an emergency. Plus, this way Bucky could adapt to the new world at a quicker pace and he didn't have to talk much while doing it. Buck loved texting. He had just figured out how to put those stupid smiley faces into annoying texts addressed to Sam.

He quickly changed into his new sweatpants and t-shirt. His hair was naturally unruly, so he plucked a hair tie from his bedside table and reminded himself to get Bri to pull it up for him. Bucky even wore the fuzzy socks that Bri had jokingly bought for him. He didn't want to tell her they were like little clouds on his feet, but damnit they were comfy.

He grabbed his phone and walked next door with high hopes. Even if Bri wouldn't let him in, Bucky knew Friday hadn't changed his "all access pass" to rooms that were locked and vice versa.

"Bri?" He knocked, trying to calm his rapidly beating heart.

"You can come in, Buck. I'm just watching Netflix." Bri responded, closing her laptop and adjusting herself on the bed. She started a new show on the website, something Wanda had recommended, called 'Shameless.'

Bucky opened the door with a smile. He thought Bri looked as cute as ever, though he'd never voice his opinion. Her hair was slightly wavy and falling out of it's half-bun, she had taken her contacts out and opted for her glasses that looked like they were made in 1940, and she wore a huge Stanford sweatshirt that was most likely three sizes too big. Bucky started to wonder what she would've been like if she'd been born around the same time as him. Probably as nerdy as she was now.

"I-uh, was your secret Santa." He smiled. "Your present isn't really anything you can physically hold, so I was wondering if I could show it to you now so we wouldn't have to waste anyone's time in the morning?" Bucky flipped his phone through his fingers, waiting for Bri to comprehend his request.

Bri nodded excitedly and moved some blankets out of the way so he could scoot up next to her. She hated when Tony and Pepper bought her extravagant and large presents, hence the reason she refused to let them buy her a car. Bri loved homemade gifts and small things that she could cherish. She didn't mind buying things for other people because she loved seeing her friends and family happy.

"What'd ya get me?" She grinned, peering over Bucky's beefy shoulder.

He held his phone away from her face as he typed his password in. Bucky had to actually read the instruction manual in full because Sam hacked into his phone and sent Steve a 'declaration of his undying love' text.

Bucky then clicked on the Spotify app, which Tony set up for him, and scrolled down the various playlists he had made. He then clicked on the one named "Bucky and Bri jams" and handed his phone over to her.

"You got a phone and didn't ask for my number? How rude." Bri furrowed her eyebrows as he handed her an iPhone. "Did you learn how to use this by yourself?"

"Steve and Tony showed me how to set it up, but I read the book that came with it." Bucky laughed lightly and shrugged. "I'm sorry that it's not a lot, but I figured you could use a playlist with variety. Now we don't have to listen to the same ten records."

"How dare you disrespect my collection." She narrowed her eyes at him and shoved his body away from hers. "But let me look at this. This is so cool."