4 - HEIR TO NOTHING

KAIPO WASN'T SURPRISED WHEN HE LOST THOR

They had landed on a planet that, when he searched for the name in his memories, he came up with "Worse-Ter-Fell" which meant nothing to either, so they opted not to call it anything at all, Thor making a light jab at Kaipo's inability to call memories at will and Kaipo making a comment about his hair in retaliation.

"What about my hair?" Thor demanded as they made their way off of the unit, parked in one of the various loading zones, "It is the envy of hundreds all across the galaxy. You're just jealous."

Kaipo scoffed as he stepped down, nodding towards one of the beings in charge of watching over the units and ships, starting towards the marketplace that made up most of the planet, Thor right behind him.

"We're looking for food and clothes," he instructed, casting a disapproving glance to the hammer that was in Thor's left hand, "Did you have to bring that with you?"

"Of course, what if something goes wrong?" he asked, looking at Kaipo like he had just asked why Asterius had had two suns.

"You use your words," Kaipo drawled, "Or just walk away. This is a universal market place, it's illegal to bring any outside dispute to the grounds. This is a neutral zone."

Thor scoffed. "You can't be naive enough to think that people will follow those rules."

"Of course not," Kaipo grumbled, shoving past him on his way to one of the stands, "But I have hope. When did having faith in people equate to weakness?"

As he walked towards the stands, he continued to talk to Thor, trying to explain to him why it was better to not rush to conclusions and not want for a fight, but it wasn't until he was about to ask his opinion on something before he realized that the god was no longer beside him.

He sighed, looking around. "Unbelievable."

Now more upset, he continued to go through the stands, taking in the various beings around him, trying to sift through the memories to find names and information that might help him. Unfortunately, trying to remember thoughts that weren't his own left him floundering to understand the flashes of sounds and sights that made sense to one, but nothing to him.

"How much?" he asked, trying to choke out the old language he had never once learned, pointing to some of the food that he vaguely recognized and understood he was able to consume; Thor had half of their money and he wasn't sure about clothing, so he figured he couldn't go wrong with using their money on food.

He raised an eyebrow as the being replied in the language he himself spoke, and laughed softly when it began to make a buzzing noise, similar to laughter. The being reached out with one of its appendages, bagging up the items Kaipo asked for while the ex-heir fished out the universal currency, handing it over and taking the items from the being.

He continued about his way, often just stopping at certain stands to peruse, raising an eyebrow at the more outlandish wares, including but not limited to: "the heart of a dying star" and "the genitals of a troll."