12 - KNOWLEDGE

TWO WEEKS LATER SAW KAIPO AND THOR LANDING ON AUSTEA

TWO WEEKS LATER SAW KAIPO AND THOR LANDING ON AUSTEA. Each with a handle on the controls, they slowly descended, looking down at the main city which was a sea of snow and white, the two shivering despite the warmth of the ship. The trip had been rather uneventful, Thor backing away out of respect, but not enough to destroy the precarious relationship they had created for themselves. It was a strange space they now lived in, but Kaipo found no qualms with it.

"No fighting," he said as they stepped down from the ship, their capes wrapped tightly around themselves.

Thor bristled at his words, shaking his head. "Why would I fight—Who would I fight? Hm? The books? 'Oh no, the books are attacking me, it's time to fight everything, I'm Thor, rawrgh.'"

Kaipo rolled his eyes, leaving Thor by the ship as he began to trek through the snow, shivering as some slipped into his boots, soaking his socks instantly. Steeling himself, he continued along the way, ignoring Thor's shouts for him to wait.

By the time they made it to the expansive library lit up by protected flames, its gold frame covered in snow, they were soaked to the bone, shivering as they fell forward onto the snowless doorsteps, watching as the double doors lined with gold and jewels opening on their on accord, the two princes gawking in awe as they stepped inside, hit with a blast of warmth, their clothes drying instantly and their bodies warmed to the temperature they needed.

"Wow," Kaipo breathed, staring out at the rows and rows of shelves that towered to what he thought was the ceiling until he looked straight up and found that there were multiple floors connected by a large spiral staircase.

"It seemed smaller outside," Thor pointed out, eyes widening as he realized just how massive it had seemed outside to begin with, "What kind of magic is this?"

"The kind that neither of us should ever learn," Kaipo said, giving him a small smile as he brushed past him, looking out towards the bookshelves, "Did you ever touch a book growing up?"

"Of course," Thor scoffed, swatting at him, making his way to another row, speaking through the shelves, "My brother always worked on his magic and searched for spell books, but as future king, I had to learn about societies and history, it's all very interesting."

"I didn't peg you as an intellectual type," Kaipo commented, the two falling into a topic often discussed when they were tired and didn't care.

"I know five languages and could tell you the cultural similarities and differences of twelve drastically different extinct civilizations far more and less advanced than my own, how dare you," Thor said, looking wholly offended at Kaipo's words, "When I take the throne I will be one of, if not, the smartest and strongest king Asgard has seen."

Kaipo clicked his tongue. "And the most humble, clearly."

Thor groaned, rolling his eyes, opening his mouth to argue his case, but Kaipo interrupted him, "I believe you, Thor, you do seem like the type. From the stories you've told me, your head has shrunk a few sizes. Of course, it could do with a little more and your fists could see less blood."