11 - LOST TIME

KAIPO HAD SINCE LOST TRACK OF THE TIMES THOR HAD STAYED WITH HIM IN BED

KAIPO HAD SINCE LOST TRACK OF THE TIMES THOR HAD STAYED WITH HIM IN BED. The two would stay awake for hours, making their way towards Knowhere where Thor and the Asgardians had given it to the Collector for safe keeping a few years prior, which Thor was more than aware of. The Collector was rather eccentric, however, and he wanted to make sure that it was still in safe hands. When they would call it a night—though Kaipo would point out it was always dark in space, though he rarely did look out at it—they would retreat to their rooms, Thor often staying by himself before caving and silently creeping into Kaipo's room, always welcome, but always asking for permission.

The Asterion woke to an arm thrown around his waist and a sturdy frame pressed against his back, a beard tickling at the back of his neck and hair, causing him to stir and shift away, but to no avail. The more he tried to move, the tighter he was held, and he eventually gave up trying.

"Thor," he groaned, pushing him, "Thor, wake up."

"No," the god grumbled, holding him tighter, "I'm sleepy."

"You slept all night," Kaipo argued, groaning when Thor pulled him flush against his chest, hiding his face in his shoulder, "I'm not a barmaid, let me go."

He wrenched himself out of Thor's grip, vaulting out of bed and stumbling towards the window, searching for his clothes.

"What makes you think it was only barmaids?" Thor asked, sitting up and giving Kaipo a lewd grin, the brunette scoffing and throwing a shirt over his head; it wasn't until he met Thor that Kaipo realized why Alasdair always fidgeted whenever he made his less than appropriate jokes.

Kaipo didn't understand Thor. The two had become more civil with each other as time passed, joking and jibing as they continued along their way, swapping stories and keeping each other company as they traversed the vast space around them. While he learned more and more about the blond each day, he still never ceased to surprise.

"We don't need to get up," Thor pointed out, holding out his arms in a silent plea for a hug, and Kaipo refused, crossing his arms and shaking his head.

Thor frowned, moving to follow Kaipo who immediately raced towards the door, Thor growling as he lunged for him, shouting for him to come back as Kaipo raced down the halls, bursting into Thor's room, hiding in his closet.

He peered out, watching as the blond paused in the center of the room, looking around before sighing, flopping down on his bed. Reaching out, his hammer flew from the ground and into his hand, and he ran his hand idly over its markings, looking sadder than Kaipo had ever seen him.

He watched as he made his way to the mirror in his room, undoing the braid that was always found in his hair, pulling out a tightly bound lock of black hair that he had never noticed before; how he didn't was a mystery, it was a polar opposite to the blond locks that covered the god's head.