7 - SOMEWHAT WORTHY

KAIPO AND THOR REFUSED TO TALK ABOUT WAKING UP IN EACH OTHER'S ARMS

KAIPO AND THOR REFUSED TO TALK ABOUT WAKING UP IN EACH OTHER'S ARMS. The two had woken up at about the same time, a by-product of their newfound bond, and had promptly thrown themselves their respective sides, backs turned to the other, wide-eyed and panicked, but silent in the hopes that the other hadn't been awake enough to realize what had happened.

There was no real reason as to why they reacted that way other than they weren't yet comfortable with the other to be alright with waking up in that manner, chalking up that one night of vague civility to the mead and general pain. There was mutual respect, but that was about it.

"We'll leave after our clothes are taken care of and we stock up on supplies," Thor said gruffly, after the two had accepted that the other had been well aware of their unfortunate positioning and dealt with it in their own way.

"Fine by me," Kaipo replied, and he wished he wasn't as cold as he was, because the last thing he wanted to do was move closer to the large mass of warmth on the other side of the bed. After a moment, he asked, "How is your face?"

Thor snorted. "As handsome as it always is."

"You know what I mean," Kaipo scoffed, shifting around to face him, reaching out and tugging at his arm until the blond turned to reveal the gash that hadn't been properly treated.

Kaipo inhaled sharply, his hand moving to caress the part of Thor's cheek by the gash, the blond wincing under his touch, unsure of what he was doing. Mumbling lowly under his breath, Kaipo allowed his eyes to slip closed, veins glowing a dull gold, partly healing the wound before his body buckled and he fell forward, partly onto Thor.

"What happened?" the god demanded, trying to adjust Kaipo who had been overcome with a wave of exhaustion despite having slept and gained back most of his energy.

"I think last night still has me drained," he groaned, shivering involuntarily, and Thor reached out, grabbing a blanket from the side table, throwing it over him, "Thank you."

"Rest for now, we'll leave when you are well," Thor said, moving him back onto the pillows with minimal effort, grabbing a blanket of his own and throwing it over himself, moving so he was farther from the edge, he and Kaipo both now in the middle of the bed.

"I thought you were going to get supplies," Kaipo pointed out, but his body betrayed him, shifting closer to the god, still shivering underneath the thick blanket.

"I'm tired too," Thor reasoned, yawning loudly, shifting on the bed, careful of his gash, "We can get the supplies later."

Kaipo thought to try and convince Thor of leaving him be for some time, just let him rest without the worry of another being in the bed, but the gradual warmth from the blanket and Thor himself had Kaipo drifting back to a dreamless sleep.

º º º

"Time to go."

Kaipo groaned as he was roused from his sleep by a significantly more chipper Thor who smiled down at him, his hair unkempt and falling in his face, and Kaipo knew that his own hair was in a similar state of disarray.