8 - STARTLING DISCOVERIES

WHEN KAIPO AWOKE, XANDAR WAS RIGHT IN THEIR VIEW

WHEN KAIPO AWOKE, XANDAR WAS RIGHT IN THEIR VIEW. He looked over to Thor who had fallen asleep, snoring softly, his head tilted onto his shoulder and Kaipo blanched, hoping that he wouldn't have a crick in his neck; it wasn't because he cared, just because he didn't want to hear the blond complaining later on; though, deep down, he knew Thor never would.

"Thor," he said, lighter than he intended to, reaching out and tapping his shoulder, "Thor, we're here."

Thor groaned, opening his eyes and blinking away sleep, yawning as he stretched, trying to keep his vision trained on the oncoming planet, the two gawking at its vast size; Kaipo had never visited the Nova Empire, though he did know a good deal, especially with his vast knowledge.

"Far from home," Kaipo mumbled to himself, "Same galaxy, but opposite sides. Different empire, different customs, different everything."

"Same goal," Thor added, glancing over to him, "Live in peace. Stay alive."

Kaipo hummed at that, having nothing to say, watching as Thor easily took control, guiding the unit closer and closer to the planet, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He must have felt Kaipo looking at him, because he turned his head to give him a warm smile before turning back to the task at hand.

Coughing, Kaipo said, "We should probably figure out a way to a larger ship, if possible, since all you're doing is talking with the Corp about the stone."

"Yes..." Thor said carefully, "There is also something else, I overheard some of the patrons at the bar talking. But I agree, a larger ship would be nice, this unit can't travel very far for very long, though the jump was helpful and cut down our time. Though we won't be able to do that again."

"We could find someone to modify it," Kaipo suggested, "Though that will cost us money."

Thor sighed, dropping his head onto his fist, leaned against his arm rest. "I miss Asgard, I never had to pay for anything. I mean, I always did, but still. And on Earth, people usually threw things at me. Although, there were people who wanted me dead, but we made friends with that assassin. She was nice."

Kaipo blinked at him for a moment, sighed, shaking his head. "I worry for Earth. They're so small and so angry. So ready to kill themselves, and for what?"

Thor gave him a somber look. "I try not to think about it."

The two fell silent as they entered Xandar, eyes widening as they pushed past the cloud layer, descending towards the main city which had a very interesting shape that Kaipo could swear was based around the Nova Corp symbol, surrounded by vast blue water.

"I like the symbol. Nice touch," he commented, and Thor laughed, raising an eyebrow at him in question.

"It's based around the Nova Corp. This is their capitol of the Nova Empire," he explained, and Thor gasped, eyes brightening in understanding, and Kaipo was taken aback by his excitement.