Chapter 3

Reader's Pov

As for Lisa's mother, well, dad refers to her as "the center of power for Jeguk group" in the sense that she is the Jeguk family housekeeper. She's also mute, writing her responses on a notepad she carries with her. Lisa's mom is warned that the madam is emotional tonight, given that her son (Jungkook) is ignoring her calls. Madam Han is on rather rocky terms with stepson Seokjin.

"Madam. Your stepson is arriving" One of the housemaids said.
"What am I going to do with this" Madam Han asked holding the wine glass in her hand.

Lisa's mom scrambles to hide the wine glass for her employer when Jin appears. He barely spears a glance for his stepmother as he coldly orders his room cleaned again. Madam Han orders a replacement wine bottle sent to her room, forgoing dinner.

Lisa's Pov

Mom brings the mistress's dinner and tell me to eat it, telling me that eating and surviving is the most important thing so to just take it without any complaints. Anger began to boil in my head. Are we beggars??

"Is it my fault that we live like this" I said and stomp to my tiny room as tears started to form in my eyes.
"I live here like this and you must be enjoying your life there in America" I said as I look at the picture of her on my small desk. I just fall asleep there  like that, crying.

The next day, when me and my and mom were walking down the streets she suddenly told me that unnie is getting married and she told us not to come to her wedding.

"But I will go their and give her the money in person" I said. We are not blots on unnie's character.
"I have to go to my part time job now bye" I said and ran away as mom was trying to stop me.
I went to the nearest walls and hide there. Mom just sigh and went back home. I tried to control my tears and went to my way to work.

Reader's Pov

Marriage is also the issue for another of our rich folks, Jennie Kim, heir to RS international, whose mother announces she'll be getting married. Rachel balks but her mother breezily tells her to prepare to meet her new dad. Rachel is dragged along to lunch, as is the son of her step-father-to-be, who is the bullying badass Taehyung. Both teenagers sulk in silence while their parents chat pleasantly.

"Taehyung this is your sister Jennie" the dad said.
"Ha. My sister is exactly my style" Taehyung said as everyone look at him with wide eyes.

Taehyung's rudeness earns him a slap to his face and he leaves the room. Jennie follows him out, though it's not out of any warm and fuzzy feelings, as she informs Taehyung that she's as opposed to their parents marrying as he is. However she notes that he probably hates it more, since she's engaged to Jeon Jungkook. And if both weddings happen as planned then jungkook becomes Taehyung's brother-in-law.

"I never said I hated this marriage" Taehyung said which made jennie shocked.
"Marriage is a business merger and your mother holds a number of shares in Jeguk group. Who will end with those?"Taehyung said as he drive away from her in his motorcycle.

Lisa's Pov

I am working on my yet another job scrubbing dishes. I went to my boss after finishing my work.

"What are planning on doing this vacation?"
"I am going to America and I don't think I will be coming back" I said frankly.
'Unnie is getting married that means she doesn't intend to return to Korea, and that means I'm stuck forever washing dishes and living with my mother. Leaving is an escape plan I've been dreaming of for the past ten years' I thought in my mind and started to walk home.

When I reached home mom was in the kitchen. I went inside my small room and started to pack my things. I flip through mom's notebook and show messages like
"I'm sorry, madam"
"Please don't be angry madam"
I read it silently as tears started to form in my eyes.
I went to the kitchen and sat beside mom.
"Mom, tomorrow I'm going to America. Take care of yourself while I'm not here"
I rub my teary eyes and went back to my room.
"I'm sorry, mom. I'll make something of myself and send for you, Wait just a little"

Jennie's Pov

I was packing my stuffs for a trip to California to see jungkook. I then heard someone coming inside.

"Who ar-" I stopped halfway when I saw mother coming.
"What are you doing here?" I asked her coldly
"Nothing"
"Then get out"
"I will but why are you packing your things?"
"None of your business"
"It is my business. Tell me or I'll find it out anyways"
"OK fine. I'm going to visit Jungkook in California for our engagement anniversary"
"Ok" she said as she left my room.

She's so annoying. I took my phone and dialed jungkook's number to inform him I was visiting him. He wasn't picking up. I give up on my seventeen time and decided to call him when I reach there.

Jungkook's Pov

I was reading my book and I received Seventeen missed calls from jennie. Aish that girl. Just then my friend, jay entered.

"What's up dude?"
"Nothing its just my engagement anniversary"
"You look like none of that is a good thing"
"No, I always look this good"

Lisa's Pov

"Ah! I finally arrived at America. Just need to search for my sister's house now" I clutch a page of carefully written notes as I make my way outside.

There I spot a girl in all-white dress with long hair. Is she on of those ghosts in horror movies?

She was answering a phone call in korean.
"Ne, Jungkook came to pick me up. He also brought me flowers. He also compliment me about getting prettier" I smile a bit to my myself because I know she was lying. "I will talk to you later. Okay bye" She ended the call as she stared at me. Oh no I think she saw me. I should get going.

I turned around and started to move but she called me.
"Neol look at me"
"I'm sorry but I can't understand you I'm Japanese"
"If you don't understand me why did turned around. Don't pretend. And say why did you smile" Oops.
"I'm sorry that i pretended. It wasn't a mocking smile. Rather I just felt a sense of solidarity for not being the only one not welcomed" I just said and leave to search for my sister's house.