Chapter one- Unexpected Surprises

Hi guys! This is my first story and I really hope you will enjoy reading! If you think this story has something that needs to be improved, please comment or inbox me! I love feedback! :) Also I want to say thank you for reading my story! 

Enjoy reading my story! :D

Cheers, Arielle!

________________________________________________________________

Chapter one- Unexpected Surprises

Shaylene's POV

"Is that Dustin Taylor over there?" Jo asked.

I looked where Jo had pointed, but I couldn't see anything. "Where is he?" I asked, frowning.

She rolled her eyes and pointed at one of the Mexican restaurants in the mall. I saw a familiar boy sitting on a plastic chair, eating a burrito and chips. It was Dustin, my crush and the hottest boy at Lincoln High School where I am too going. Dustin has a dirty blonde hair, almond-shaped chocolate brown eyes, perfect tan, and he was wearing his favorite dark green shirt with the logo, "YOLO", blue jean pants, and a pair of black vans. He looked perfect as always.

I sighed dreamily, imagining if Dustin actually asked me out and we would get married in the future, my life would be complete. Even if we have children, I hope   they look like Dustin... No, that is impossible. I told myself, upset for letting my mind wander that far from reality. Who would ever ask a boring, average looking teenage girl like me out?

I mean, look at me, I'm not beautiful or pretty or even slightly bit cute. I have boring straight, strawberry blonde hair that stops by my chest, light gray eyes, fair skin, I'm only 5'4", neither skinny nor chubby. I'm in the average. There is almost nothing neither special nor beautiful about me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dustin asked Jo out. Jo is beautiful, she looks exactly like Alyssa Diaz. Long espresso brown, wavy hair, perfectly arched eyebrows, high gorgeous cheekbones and plump, pink lips nestled underneath her slender little nose. It's like they are long-lost twins, the only difference between them is that Jo has really light hazel eyes. She is really beautiful girl and almost all the boys are wrapped around her fingers. But she has her eyes on some mystery boy. She still won't tell me who he is no matter how hard I try. "You already know who he is, but I want it to be a surprise. You will find it out someday." She always said the same thing every when I bring the topic up. If she actually got together with her 'mystery boy', it would be awesome then we could go on a double date! Dustin and I with Jo and her mystery boy! I wonder what it would be like…

"Shaylene Rarin Morganson!!!" Jo yelled my full name by my ear, ripping me away from my thoughts. I let out a shriek and tripped back, falling onto my butt.

"Ouch, Jo! What was that for?!" I cried, standing up. Jo scowled at me, her arms crossed over her chest, staring at me. I stood up, brushing all the dust on my butt away.

"Whatever," Jo rolled her eyes, "don't tell me that you were daydreaming about that lover boy, Shay. I was trying to get your attention for almost a minute! Come on, I don't want to waste any time. Let's go to Forever 21!" Jo gushed the last part, tugging my hand.

I groaned, sure I like shopping in Forever 21, but with Jo, it's a disaster. She always picks random clothes and tries them on again and again until she finally decides which clothes that she likes the best. Oh, I forgot to add, that usually takes about TWO hours! Especially when we are in a big mall. Ugh.

"Wait Jo!" I called, looking back at the Mexican restaurant to check if Dustin was still there. But unfortunately, I saw different people sitting at the table where Dustin had been a moment ago. Uh-oh, I don't want to be caught by him, "Where is Dustin?"