Chapter five- Beverly Hills' Diva

Annabella's POV

"What the hell is wrong with you, you filthy, ignorant girl?!" I shrieked, "Who gave you the permission to touch MY Tiffany & Co. charm bracelet?!" 

The maid, Maria or Mary I think, looked down, her long shiny black hair covering her olive face, making herself look small. "I'm sorry, Miss. Ross. It will never happen again." She said, blinking repeatedly, trying to make her tear-filled eyes go away.

I scoffed, looking around my enormous white bedroom with lots of pink drapes all over my four tall windows, pink and black zebra pattern bed, a big, round pink rug in the middle, right next to my mirrored cherry wood desk. Everything looked perfect... except for that filthy thing standing in my bedroom next to me.

"Scoot away, you filthy raccoon. I don't want to see your miserable face today." I waved my perfect, manicured hand in front of the maid's face. Marie looked down again and nodded.

"As you wish, Miss. Ross." Marcia bowed at me and rushed out of my bedroom as fast as she could.

I growled, I absolutely hate when poor people like Marcy tries to steal or touch my things! They are so annoying and stupid! Why do I have to live in a horrible world filled with lots of poor people?! I'm rich, for god's sake! Why am I even still here? Ugh! I'm pretty sure there are steams coming out of my ears!

Suddenly, I heard a knocking on my door. "Come in." I took a deep breath before I called. Sofia, my personal stylist came in with three big, black bags. She was wearing a black and white striped shirt, long black legging, and a ballet flats. She looked cute today. 

"Good evening, Miss. Ross. Your father, Mr. Ross, had just informed me that there would be a ball tonight with all the famous and rich families. Kingsley and DeFleur family would be there too, by the way. Mr. Ross would like you to wear this gown when you go to the ball. Please, let me change you into the most beautiful young lady in the world." She said politely, waiting for my approval.

I nodded, walking to my mirrored cherry wood desk and sat down. Sofia picked up my brush, starting to apply a blush on my high, soft cheekbones, making it glow. I have to look really beautiful to impress Jonathan William Harrington Kingsley III to get him like me, so we can marry and become wealthier. That would look good for my father's business. 

When Sofia is finished putting on my make up and curling my hair, she handed me one of the black bags. "This is your gown inside the bag, Miss. Ross. I'll leave the room to let you change, call me when you're done."

"Thank you, Sofia. You may leave now." I said. My stylist bowed and walked out of my room, closing the door.

I looked down at my lap, where I left the black bag on. I opened the bag and furrowed my eyebrows, making a frown. There was a box on the middle of the bad. The box was about the size and shape of a Monopoly game. It was white and glossy and there was a letter resting on the top of the box. I picked up the letter and opened it.

My dearest Annabella,

I saw this dress on another day and the beauty of this dress reminds me lot of you. You will look beautiful when you wear this dress tonight.

-Jonathan

I felt my face heat, red leaked into my cheeks as I smiled and bit my lip. I opened the huge white box and inside lay perfectly folded was a simply breath taking crimson gown with golden beads around the bust. I drew it out of its box and shook it out, revealing it's true glory as I took in the beauty of it. It was a strapless full skirt cocktail dress. It was absolutely gorgeous. The way the silk fabric flowed was elegant. If words can describe the perfection, this would be it. I was itching to try it on. Suddenly, I felt excited. I tried to picture it: me at the ball, wearing this amazing thing of beauty. I could already see the way people would stare at me with hatred, jealousy, and admiration.