Chapter two- The Golden Boy

Kazelyn's POV

"Hello Miss Marrone, do you need any help?" Mr. Bendinger asked me.

I looked up at the librarian whom I look up as a father, "Yeah, I would like that. First how many more times do I have to tell you to stop calling me Miss Marrone?"

Mr. Bendinger laughed, "I always call my customers by their last name and today, you are one of them!" he winked.

I rolled my eyes, "Anyway, do you know where "The Beautiful Creatures" by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl is?" I asked, looking back the shelves again, flipping each book's spine, hoping to find the book that I want.

Mr. Bendinger pondered for a minute before he answered, "Ah, yes. That aforementioned book was recently checked in. Please, follow me Miss Marrone."

Mr. Bendinger led me to his office. On the way I was thinking about what to say on my oral report, which is due on Monday. I have to talk about how the society has impacted all of our lives and what we all had became. If it wasn’t for society, we may be weaker than we are now... Oh! That's good one! I thought, Um, how about: society made all of us divide into groups: the popular; the geeks; the nobodies; the popular-wannabes; the Goths; and the independents. If it weren’t for society, none of those groups would exist. Society can be bad, but also good too. It helps us to be stronger and smarter.

I smiled, feeling proud of what I had thought of in such a short time. I hope my oral report will turn out great and I will get an A+. Mr. Bendinger entered his office, leaving me waiting by his door for a while. I had known him since I was four when my biological father left my mom and me. My mom and I met him in this very library, which he owns. My mom and he clicked fast and became good friends. They even dated for short time, but they decided they were better off as friends. After that, Mr. Bendinger went over my home frequently to eat dinner with us. His full name is Henry Bendinger, I tried to call him Henry, but he encouraged me to call him by his last name. It became a habit. He had helped my mom raise me and I look to him as my father now. He had taken over my biological dad's role and he is always there for me, every time when I need him. He is a wonderful person.

When he came out his office, he was holding the book that I had requested. "Here is your book, Miss. Marrone. I already checked it out for you. Thank you and have a great day." Mr. Bendinger smiled as he handed me the book.

I smiled gracefully, "Thanks and um, will I see you tonight for dinner?"

"You are welcome and yes, I will be there."

"Okay, bye! See you tonight!" I called to, walking out the library. I heard Mr. Bendinger said " Bye!" as I stepped out the library. I looked at my phone to check the time: 7:56 a.m. I realized I only had four minutes left before first period started. I better hurry or I will be late!

I began to run, but before I can run in full speed, I slammed into someone.

THUD!!!

I fell on my butt, all sprawled on floor, "Oh shit, I'm sorry!" I cried. I immediately starting to clean the things that fell on the floor, the person who I bumped into didn't do anything except just stand there, staring me. After separating our things, I gave all the papers back to the person that I bumped into. When I looked at that person's face, I was startled.

The person who I slammed into was a boy about my age, but the thing that made me startled was his eyes. His eyes are gold! Actually, it is super light hazel eyes that look like gold. The boy is beautiful. He has golden blonde hair, pink plump lips, a golden tan, and tiny adorable freckles splattered all across his long, narrow nose. I swear there is nothing that looks not perfect on this boy's face. He is perfect. He is tall and fit, just perfect for my height. He is the hottest guy I had ever met in my life. It is like he is a golden boy!