Chapter Sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

*

Once they get to her house, she gets down and goes inside.

The road is dark safe for the streets lights two streets behind them.

"This neighborhood isn't safe for ladies" Adam says more to himself than to him.

Jaime looks out the window. "I don't think our friends from the night before would dare to show when they see the red car"

"I mean generally!"

"I know. Talking to some prospective about this place. Once I finish up with that community school. This is next and besides.. I think the Mayor got plans to make this place as peaceful as it ought. The dangers of living here is more than 56%. That is a high toll. No one is safe here"

"You shouldn't be here. It isn't safe for you either"

"Right! "" Jaime is pressing his phone. By now, even the 9 0"clock news and four other news stations was carrying his face and that of Alexander.

Adam turns to him "Speaking of the Mayor. He isn't too pleased. What are you doing? "

"Asking me as a driver which isn't your place or as a bodyguard which isn't your place either. And we aren't friends so.. "

"Asking as the most loyal person you have on this side of the street. What are you doing Sir? I mean.. I mean I get how hard it is to be raised in that family and stuff and everyone expects the best from you and stuff but this..this isn't you. Known you for a few years to know the kind of man you are. First it was Miss Christine that changes you and now..all this is attributed to who.. Jimmy?"

"You are overstepping Adam"

"No. I care."

"Don't.! You aren't paid to do that"

Adam sighs. "Well your father isn't pleased and he almost bite my head off so I am under a duty to make sure to keep you from doing any more stupid things"

"You can try Adam plus if I kick you off my detail nothing the Mayor can do. He may enforce you but you wouldn't be up close like this with me. No one is indispensable Adam. You may be loyal but you are still a bodyguard and a driver. "

Adam turns away. "Sometimes I hate you Sir. "

Jaime smiles "Feeling is mutual. But what to do? "

Adam smiles. "You know.. I think Ma'am Alexander is just what you need. Someone to ruffle your feathers a little for being a dick. Excuse my french"

Now Jaime laughs.

Adam hasn't heard him laugh like that for a while. Maybe he was right, this Alexander would soften him abit or not.

Adam smiles. Jaime could sack him. But he knew he wouldn't. He tries not to overstep but sometimes.. Jaime let's it pass. Like now. But still! He was a driver and a bodyguard. Just because Jaime takes it easy on him, it still doesn't mean he shouldn't know his place. Not everyone can be as nice and tolerating as his boss when he wants to be.

"Sorry Sir" Adam says apologetically.

Jaime says nothing. He looks out the window. "I can't be what he wants me to be Adam. I won't. There is too much at stake, and there is my peace of mind, my sanity? I rather.." He sighs ''This is for the best. Soon it would be over and done with and then everyone would be happy''

Adam says nothing. He wishes he completely understood Jaime's reasons. But all he gets were hints here and there. Nothing which actually made complete sense.