the doctor's office

"hello?" travis's voice was shaking. he was having flashbacks to the night all of this started. he thought of awsten in his children's tie tight around his neck, neon green briefs standing out in the dark forest. he remembered the sound of the snapping twigs as they made love on top of them. he felt a bit better.
"we'd like you to come in for a prenatal checkup." a calm voice came through the phone. travis sighed with relief. the baby was okay.
"sounds great. we'll be over in 20 minutes." before the voice could come through the phone, travis hung up.
"sweety! time to go the doctor!" travis yelled up the stairs. awsten groaned and waddled down the stairs. only 3 months had passed but he was already prepared to have this baby. he had looked like he ate a watermelon whole. the two drove over to the office and checked in. everyone stared, no one saying a word. awsten moved his bangs out of his face and grimaced at everyone. he even flipped the bird at a few children pointing at his large stomach.
"LOOK AT THE FAT MAN!" the children yelled.
"HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU WERE CARRYING A TOMATO SACK IN YOUR STOMACH?" awsten yelled. travis lead him to a seat far from the children. awsten crossed his arms and sat down, not saying a word. he, too, thought of his sexy tie and briefs. it seems like a calming mechanism for the pair. travis rubbed awsten's back until the nurse came out.
"mr. knight and mr. riddle?" the nurse gestured to them. they got up and walked to a room with an ultrasound and a leather chair covered in plastic.
"you're pretty big for 3 months," the nurse exclaimed, looked down at awsten's large belly. he look as if he drank 20 beers. travis sat at the end of the chair, sweating. after what felt like forever, the doctor walked in.
"how are you feeling today, mr. knight?" the doctor began lifting awsten's shirt and feeling his belly. he picked the doctor's hand off, looking upset. the doctor was a little surprised.
"just got to make sure there are no excess lumps, which there aren't. say,
you look a little big for 3 months in. let's have a look-see." awsten frowned, but then realized he's about to see his baby. he got a little excited.