Onto the Third

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Both of her arms were exhausted when they completed the training. Tarhuinn had her practice the strikes countless times to guarantee that she would know what to do when she had the knife in a certain grip. She had never fought against him even though she tried to convince him that it would be good practice for her. He had merely answered that he could never strike a blade at his wife.

Instead, he had gone through the strikes, had given various scenarios and had asked her to perform the proper grip and strike. Once he had been satisfied with her results, they had stopped. She had attempted to persuade him that an enemy would probably not follow a formulaic scenario, but one warning glance had told her to be satisfied.

Personally, she thought that he was refusing to teach her more because he didn't wish for her to learn his exact fighting moves. He didn't desire her to be able fight against him if he were to claim that it were too dangerous to move on ahead. Maybe, it really was because he didn't wish to strike at her, but she just had a feeling that it was more than that. He might desire to have the upper hand over her. Not like he already did with that nickname.

He took his dagger back and sheathed it while she picked up her pack. With it resting on her back, she turned to face the tunnel ahead. Tarhuinn stepped up beside her before he intertwined his right fingers with her left. The two of them started to walk ahead, but (f/n) wanted to train just a little bit more even with sore muscles all around. She supposed, though, that some training was better than no training.

As they went on ahead, only some morning light shone through the hole at the top. It barely broke through the thick storm clouds, which were releasing snow down onto the mountains. The pile of it in the room had grown more. With the continuation of autumn, it would only increase more.

They passed from the room and into the tunnel, where the light decreased as they made their way down it. Eventually, Tarhuinn had to guide them both down since she could no longer see in the darkness. Her grip on him strengthened in fear that something might come out of the shadows. Thankfully, no such thing happened.

Up ahead, she could hear voices, however, but it sounded as though trade was occurring. Light began to fill the tunnel again as the third complex unveiled itself to them. She pulled up her hood before she stepped out of the tunnel. Glancing around, she noted how this complex had fewer floors, but there were more homes on each floor.

Several stone pillars were spread throughout the center space. The market tents gathered around these. Beyond the marketplace, there was the huge body of water that Tarhuinn mentioned. Nothing lay beyond it except the mountain wall. Despite the light coming in through the windows at the top of the complex, the water was like the darkness in the tunnel. There was no hope of seeing beyond the surface. They might not have to travel down there, however. Tergii and Bimaa might be here today, or there might be another way to reach their homes.

Focusing back on the kelremm in the area and seeing no humans about, she noted how much warmer everyone was dressed here. They wore thick cloaks and more leather. Compared to them, Tarhuinn and she looked like they were dressed for summer. "Do you think that we'll be able to trade for some of those clothes?" she asked since the thicker cloak look quite nice.