An Undesirable Lesson

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

His hands spread out over the armrests of the chair, and his indigo eyes stared at the mage kelremm. Stone broke under Alpontus's fingertips, and he slowly rose from his seat. Icniss appeared as though he might rip off the heads of Tarhuinn and her, but (f/n) didn't care. What mattered was that they had two less authors to concern themselves with. "Take a seat, Icniss. They'll be punished properly for this crime, and you can administer it to her husband. I'm sure that you can keep him better secured."

Reluctantly, the mage did so, and a sickening grin spread over his lips as he met Tarhuinn's gaze. To spite him, Tarhuinn looked away and rolled his eyes. Immediately, water slammed against the side of his face and forced him to face the mage. "You'll learn to respect me. You killed my father, and I intend to make you suffer for it."

"You shouldn't make promises that you can't keep." Another wave of water met him, and (f/n) was tempted to signal Tarhuinn to stop antagonizing him, but she found that she couldn't. Tarhuinn was right in not showing the mage any form of respect; he didn't deserve it, nor was he worthy of an apology.

"Icniss, enough," Alpontus ordered, starting to walk towards her. "You'll have plenty of time later." She visibly tensed in her seat, and Tarhuinn's eyes followed his every move. A smirk rested on Icniss's lips. The head author's hands rested on her shoulders, and low growl could be heard from her husband. "Did I ever tell you why the rest of the kelremm population began the tradition of killing themselves after their first partner? Not only was it having to go through the suffering of losing a loved one but also it was because their children were being killed off too. Everything from their previous partners was wiped out from existence."

Squeezing her shoulders some, he lowered his lips to her left ear. "I intend to do the same to you. You'll experience years of suffering by means of using the tree's life-giving ability."

"And, just how were their children killed off? Were you behind that? It wouldn't surprise me if you committed such an atrocity," she barked back, spitting on his face in the process.

A look of disgust swept across his countenance, and he wiped it off using the back of his right hand. Skin collided with skin, and she knew that a bruise would form on her left cheek. Tarhuinn tried to get out of his chair, but water slammed him back down completely. "You're lucky that I know how to restrain myself. Otherwise, you would've lost a few teeth, human, but I need to keep you pleasing to the eye."

Moving away from her, he leaned back against the table to her left. He deliberately kept his back to Tarhuinn as a way to demonstrate that he wasn't important for the moment. "I didn't kill them. Some of those were my own grandchildren. My children were spared by the graces of Cian, our lovely father if you will." His sarcastic tone said otherwise. "All of my children but one, however, killed themselves later or went off with the rest of the kelremm when this policy ended and are dead now."

"And, just what was this policy?" she asked, not that she cared. It was more to buy time for them. She was in no rush to be tortured, nor did she desire to have Tarhuinn in that room again.

"The wizard, Cian, had made a long-term agreement with a nearby kingdom. They would provide him with resources, and he would create them a weapon for battle. This kingdom happens to have shores on all sides of it but one, but on that side there are massive mountains that an enemy would have to traverse, and the passages aren't large enough for an army to cross efficiently. Most of an army would die as well from the cold weather of those peaks. Naturally, it makes more sense to attack from the sea, then.