Out by the Water

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Her hands reached out to try and find the warmth that was once near her. When they found no such greeting, (f/n)'s (e/c) eyes opened up steadily. Panic arose, however, upon noticing that Tarhuinn wasn't on the bed at all. Sitting up straight, she looked around in fright. Had returning to the pixies and rejoining her husband all been a dream? She almost expected to see Will walking into the bedroom.

Looking over her clothes, she found herself in her shirt and pants. Her cloak was still on as well and same with her boots. Both Tarhuinn's and her packs were on the ground. So, yesterday couldn't have been a mere dream. That's when she saw the tipped over bucket. Worry slammed into her before she flung herself off the bed and towards the opened cabin door.

Staring outside, she placed her right hand over her heart in relief. Tarhuinn was out by the lake. He was sitting on the rocks that she had been fishing on the other day. His feet and legs were dipped in the water, but his gaze soon met hers.

Closing the cabin door behind her, she made her way over to him. "What happened?" she asked as she reached him and took a seat next to him. "Did you knock the bucket over in your sleep?"

"Yes, I barely made it out here in time."

"Why didn't you wake me up?! I could've helped you!" she exclaimed, wishing to hit him on the back of the head.

"I didn't have much time to reach water, and my body was already starting to enter panic mode. My mind didn't even consider it to be honest. My only desire at the time was to get to water. I apologize for worrying you, (f/n)."

Resting her fingers against her forehead, she responded, "It's alright. It was my fault for using the bucket and thinking that there wouldn't be a high chance of knocking it over in your sleep. I'm just glad that you're alright. I had thought the worst for a moment there."

An arm wrapped around her waist and drew her closer. He pressed her against his side before he placed a gentle kiss atop her head. "I'm not going to leave you alone in this world, especially with that mage still on the loose." His lips moved from her head and glided down to her right cheek. Tarhuinn placed a feather-light kiss there before he whispered, "Besides, you still have that promise to fulfill."

Cheeks warming up, she glanced downwards. "I'm going to go make us some breakfast. I'll bring it out here." She peeked over to him. "Do you want me to bring out your pack so that you can change into non-ripped up clothes?"

"I would appreciate that. I'll take a bath while I wait for you."

Nodding in response, she removed his arm from her before she got back to her feet. On the way inside, she grabbed a few clinglobs. After she placed them on the counter, she grabbed the metal pot to fill with water along with his pack. Tarhuinn was already by the shore of the lake and took his pack once she handed it to him. She grabbed some water swiftly before she made her way back inside.

After she finished making breakfast, she opened the door cautiously and peeked out towards the lake. To her relief, he was dressed. Opening the door fully, she walked out and met him at the water. She seated herself on the dry ground before she handed him his bowl. He took a seat himself and began to eat with her. "Are you planning to take a bath before we head out, (f/n)?"