Magic's Arrival

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

"Knowing isn't understanding. Knowing is merely thinking or believing, but you don't comprehend your situation. I could care less about your beliefs, human. What matters to me is that you pay for your crimes against us."

"The only crime that's been committed is that we haven't killed you yet," Tarhuinn remarked snidely. His head was thrown back against the chair with more water, and a grunt of pain left her husband's lips. Her fists tightened, and she only wished to get out of the blasted chair so that she could set him free and deal fatal blows to their captors.

"Surprisingly, I'd have to agree with you." Everyone in the room fell silent. She recognized that voice, and fear gripped at her. Nausea formed in the pit of her stomach. That voice, she hoped to never hear it again. Her legs moved closer together, but the restraints kept them apart some still. Blood drained from her face, and she desired to dart from the room with Tarhuinn. Perhaps, she was losing her mind due to everything that had happened in the authors' home, but she was terrified to confirm this.

Alpontus quickly unsheathed a dagger from his left thigh, but Icniss motioned for him to stop. "He's a mage," Icniss warned, getting out of his chair and standing to face him. This fact only made things worse for (f/n). It had to be him. Slowly, she turned her head to her right. She tried to scoot back into her chair more as if that would hide her from view, but Will's green orbs met her own (e/c) ones. A grin covered his lips as his hands rested on his hips.

Tarhuinn struggled more with his bonds, but Icniss kept them strong. A growl left him, and he was beginning to get more agitated. The head author understood that the human mage was the one that had killed his spies, but he was confused about the human girl's reaction. "I thought that you had convinced him to aid the pixies?"

"Oh, she did by promising me the serum of eternal life. I take it that you two have it. I couldn't get a confirmed answer from that other mage kelremm and the other two, but I did manage to get some directions to this place. I didn't think that I would have to go so far, though, to get such information. That female mage certainly was an unexpected treat." Will licked his lips and stepped forward, but water wrapped around him. Both Alpontus and Icniss were enraged, but Alpontus kept his distance.

With a flick of his right wrist, the water was sent flying outwards. "Please, don't underestimate me. Bluebell already made that mistake, but she's paying me back nicely for it. So if you won't mind, I'll be taking my serum and her. Her husband can be killed for all I care."

Not being able to maintain her gaze with him, she broke it and glanced to her husband. Her horror was clear to spot, and Tarhuinn returned a reassuring, small smile. His eyes were still filled with the intent to brutally kill the three other men in the room, but concern for her was there as well. If they were lucky, the three might kill each other, and they could go free.

Laughing, Alpontus shook his head. "I'll be holding onto her, and you're going to be killed. You owe us your life for what you did to our spies, our friends and my daughter. I intend to make you suffer just like this girl here."

Crossing his arms over his chest, Will glanced between Alpontus and Icniss skeptically. He raised an eyebrow in amusement. "I don't think that you understand who you're dealing with here. And, which one was your daughter, the mage or the other female?"