Angered Relief

A/N: As usual, I would recommend to put the video on loop.

Several hours had passed, and the group of them was crowded in by pine trees on both sides of the stream. The pixie scouts dropped their packs at the base of one of the trees before they helped her seat Tarhuinn. They merely dipped their heads before flying off and leaving the two of them. She figured that they had several more hours before reaching the cabin or at least coming close to it.

Thankfully, this time around Will wouldn't be there unless he broke his promise and turned on the pixies. If such a thing happened, she wouldn't be surprised. It would just mean that she would have both a cannibalistic and sadistic mage on her tail as well as an army of pixies if they survived Will's attack. Hopefully, things would go accordingly.

To give her legs a rest and to receive some warmth, she sat down beside Tarhuinn after she had cleared away the snow from the spot. She wrapped her cloak tight around her and moved her feet out of the water. Unfortunately, the thick amount of pine trees prevented her from walking on drier ground. (F/n) leaned her head against his left shoulder and reached into his one pocket. Pulling out her wedding ring, she slipped it back onto her proper finger. During their walk here, she had felt the metal hit her in the side lightly on a few occasions.

As he remained asleep, she grabbed her pack and searched through it. Luckily, she had spare undergarments tucked away as well as one last pair of clothing. There was also the fact that they were dry. Looking to Tarhuinn, she saw that he still appeared in a deep sleep, so she got back to her feet. When they returned home, however, she would need to invest in some new boots.

Doing a double check, she saw that he was still sleeping. Swiftly, she went to work and removed her cloak before she placed it on him for the time being. The underclothes and dress corset from Will had dried some, but the fabric was still far too thin for her liking. She slipped out of them and tossed them aside for the moment as she dressed herself in her own dry and better covering ones. (F/n) proceeded to throw on a loose grey shirt and some blue pants.

With the decent coverage on, she seated herself once more and wringed her cloak out of some of the water. Regarding the other undergarments, she did the same. She would hold onto them until they had a fire. From there, she would proceed to burn the wretched things.

Bringing her knees up to her chest, she managed to get her feet out of the water again, but her attention focused on Tarhuinn. She hoped that he would wake soon, yet, at the same time, she didn't want him to. His reaction to seeing her might be to run back to the pixie camp and murder the mage that was there. That fact alone made her nervous. How was she to hold him back? He was over a head taller than her. Not to mention that he was also more skilled with a blade. (F/n) didn't even have the dagger anymore.

Trying to not go down the endless pit of possible negative outcomes, she moved closer to him and examined him for the wounds that the pixie queen had mentioned. His clothes were torn up, and his cloak was missing. She managed to push him forward a bit. Tarhuinn's back had multiple cuts all along it that were healing. (F/n) set him back against the tree and looked over the ones on his arms and shoulder as well. Thankfully, it seemed like the pixies had tended to all of them, but it hurt to know that he had suffered them all to get to her. Honestly, he was far too overprotective.