Three Years

He was cheating on her.

Again. Erin Johnson laughed dryly as she looked out her window, waiting if her lover's car will materialize. The weather outside suited her mood. It was dreary and gloomy. Sometimes the rain would stop. Sometimes it would heavily pour.

Her lover was on his way. Ten minutes, he said. He can't wait to see her, he mumbled. Even on the phone, Erin could hear the longing in his voice. Every word was dripping with love and sincerity.

Pathetic, she thought. How could he declare his love for her while f*cking other women?

She averted her gaze away from the window and stared unexpectedly at her laptop. She had turned it off earlier as though she could block everything she saw in her lover's group chat message. She wasn't being nosy, mind you. Her lover had forgotten to sign out on his Facebook account, revealing all his messages all in its glory.

He was bragging. Erin had read his words bragging about his new belle. How much he enjoyed playing with her body. Planning on when to see her again. Pleading his friends not to say anything to Erin.

If only he knew she knew about it all. Ever since the first woman, Erin had started keeping track of his string of mistresses. Arrogant men were careless and proud. And her lover was every bit of arrogant. He underestimated women who've been once a fool and heartbroken. The kind of women who had enough and became wiser and stronger.

She heard the unmistakable sound of her lover's car.

The first thing she saw was the flowers he was holding in his hands. Daisies. The only flower she loved. It seemed so incredibly sweet but right now, she stared at the adorable blooms like a snake waiting to pounce on her.

"You don't like it?" She heard him asking before dropping a kiss on her forehead. "I missed you, Erin."

Vince Hamilton called himself a thousand kinds of asshole. Screwed, he was, indeed. Erin had found out about Chloe. His guts told him she had read his messages. Again. This habit of hers was starting to become a nuisance.

He should apologize before she became angry. It always worked. They would fight, yes. But once he apologized, she would forgive him. Vince would make up by doubling his efforts on their thanks-for-forgiving-me sex.

"Sorry?" Erin said after he apologized. She scoffed and threw the daisies across the room. "When did you become so much an a-hole, Vince? Are we going to be like this over and over again?" She threw her hands in the air, an apparent display of agitation. "You're going to cheat on me when I'm not looking. Then I'll forgive you if you were caught. Next thing I knew, you'll be such a good boy for a week and when I started to look away, you're going to cheat on me. Again." Her voice cracked so she paused and continued, "You're impossible. I don't know why I still love you it hurts."

* * *

You can find the whole story in Dreame. :)