FIRST WARNING

A/N: Every story can be read in Dreame. Links are posted on my wall. Thanks for your support!

* * *

She was dressed for a battle.

It wasn't the first time Emmery Woods was called demanding her presence at her publishing house, Amaya Books. It wasn't also the first time where she would stomp inside their office, clutching her bag menacingly, lifting her chin, and ready to win the battle with her editor-in-chief.

Everyone in the office started to look busy even though she noticed it was barely 8 in the morning and their shots of caffeine probably hadn't yet kicked up in their system. She ignored them and continued walking towards the room with letters EDC embossed in its door.

"Ah, Ms. Woods. It was nice seeing one of our bestselling authors." It was the first thing she heard the moment she opened the door.

She winced at the sarcasm in his voice. She sat on the chair beside the enormous mahogany office desk without asking permission and regarded her agent on the other end of the desk in grave air. "I don't exchange pleasantries with someone I don't like, Gary. And everybody knows we hate each other."

Gary Johnson looked like a salesman rather than an Editor-In-Chief. He was the manipulative, sleazy bastard who didn't know writing potential unless it smacked him on the head. Rumors had it that Gary wasn't even the real owner. But no one had the guts to question him about it especially since he was the one paying their bills.

Except for Emmery.

"Very well." Gary's smile vanished. "I'll stop the productions of your book, Ms. Woods."

It was all Emmery could do not to show any trace of emotion in her face as she tried to process that piece of nonsense. "I-"

"For a while." Gary interrupted.

She smiled icily. "How long that 'while', Gary?"

Gary returned the smile with the same degree of coldness. "Let's say it would start when I've found your replacement."

"I don't quite understand, Mr. Johnson. I consider myself as a very bright person but I don't know about you."

"No need for insults, madam."

"I'm afraid I'm in the mood for it."

"And I'm also in the mood of not publishing your book." Gary leaned against his chair and crossed her arms. "I'm in the mood of something new. I'm in the mood of finding fresh blood authors."

"You can't do that. We have a contract."

"Oh yeah. Regarding that contract, I think we can settle on te-"

She'd had enough. "I don't approve of this!"

Gary's eyes were full of something she can't explain. Something uncomfortable. "I'm afraid I'm in the mood for it."

"Stop with that 'mood' crap." She stood up. "This is just you having revenge on me after dumping you."

He also stood up. "Excuse me?"

Furious, she started ranting, "I accepted your proposal because of your grandmother's wishes. But you turned out to be a bastard, jerk, perverted douche bag. You-" She raised a finger. "-can't do this to me."

Gary looked like he wanted to say something but instantly changed his mind. "If you really wanted to keep this job, Ms. Woods, then I want you to write a new book."

A lot of comeback phrases rushed in her mind but she turned it down when she caught the visions of her bills. Pride, be damned. "What is it?"

"I want you to write an Erotica novel." Gary placed his hands on his desk and leaned forward. "Sounds promising, right?"

* * *

If you have come this far, thank you. You can read the full chapter on Dreame. Links are posted on my wall.