Chapter 8 Here to Stay

A month. That's how long I've been trapped here.

You know when you get married its so exciting , you go out and do fun couple things. Go on dates, a honeymoon, happy to start a family etc.

Yeah well, that's not how my marriage is.

I spend my days locked in the house. I now have access to walk around, not that it's any different. And by that I mean all the doors and windows has locks on them preventing me from escaping,  trust me I know I've tried a dozen times.

So, my day basically consists of waking up at 7 and then making Austin's breakfast and coffee and then waking him up for work. After he leaves for work I have to clean the house and then make sure dinner is ready by the time he gets home. So, in short I'm his maid.

Let's just say I've learned the hard way not to disobey any of his orders or I will get punished.  And by that I don't mean in the way you're  thinking,  I mean him beating me purple and blue and taking away my food letting me starve.

So, yeah this isn't how I pictured being married is like. But, Lidia's words keeps repeating in my head 'Have faith Mia,  maybe you'll change him for the better and bring back the old Austin.' Pff, yeah... no matter how hard I try he keeps on treating me like garbage.

I show him love and kindness , he shows me hate and discuss. I make him food to eat , he brings home a girl.

He makes me feel so worthless and disgusting. I don't know how long I can keep this front up because clearly I'm not changing him.

Austin left just a while back and I just finished all the cleaning. I hed up and took a shower and now I'm sitting in my window seat looking at the view. It's the closest  I get to being outside, so I enjoy looking out the window.

I sit here for hours just admiring God's creation until its time for me to start on dinner. I'm currently reading a book, it helps to pass the time.

It's all about a woman who's in an almost similar situation than I am in, with her husband beating her. Until she finally fights back and stand up for herself.

I don't know if I would ever have the courage to do what she did. I don't even know the meaning of fight, I'm way too loving to fight. But , nevertheless it's a good read and I enjoy reading it,  it makes me feel that I'm  not as alone.

********

It's 5 and time for me to start on dinner, Austin would be home around 6 maybe 7 depending on the day. I go down and make his favorite meal,  Chicken Masala.

After I've finished its already 10 past 6 so I decide to go clean myself up before he makes yet another snarky comment about my appearance.

After my shower I change into some black jeans,  a cropped sweater and some sneakers. I decide to make my hair in loose curls, there's really no reason to do a lot of effort he barely notices me.

 I decide to make my hair in loose curls, there's really no reason to do a lot of effort he barely notices me

Just as I finished applying hairspray to my hair, I hear the front door opening and sigh knowing he's home.

I make my way downstairs as a drunk Austin makes his way upstairs with yet another drunk girl, this is like what ? The third for this week ?

"Hey Austin,  dinner's in the microwave if you want it. I made your favorite,  Chicken Masala."

"Uh huh, yeah whatever. "  He says as he takes the girl's hand who was  eyeing me as she decided to say something too.

"Who's the orphan Austey? " He chuckled at her remark as she gave me smirk.

"She's no one important don't worry about her baby. " He said as he dragged her up to our room.

Looks like I'm sleeping on the couch again.

I plop myself on the couch just thinking how my life turned out like this? Then I thought back to what that witch said, an orphan...yup guess in a way I kinda am. I'm all alone  and no one cares about me.

I wipe the tear that fell as I grabbed my book from the coffee table. I read further  about a sentence when I closed it again.

Maybe I should stand up for myself and fight back. I'm sick and tired being treated like garbage and a prisoner. Enough is enough.

If there's one thing my dad thaught me from being a gang leader , it's to stand up for yourself and to not show fear. Confront your enemy and stand your ground, and that's exactly what I'm going to do. If it worked for Emily  ( that's the character in my book ) then it'll work for me.

I marched up stairs opening our bedroom door ignoring the half naked witch on my bed.

"Austin I've had enough of this. "

"What are you going on about this time ?" He says annoyed as he sits up.

"This." I say pointing between him and the girl."I'm sick and tired of you treating me like a worthless piece  of sh*t , and yes I just said a bad word for the first time and it's all your fault.  You bring out the worse in me and I'm tired of it.  So you better get your act together.  I don't like being married to you even more than you do. But , that doesn't mean you can treat me the way you do and sleep around everynight . And another thing, I'm sick of you beating me every time I step out of line,  I've had enough of it. 'Cause guess whatI'm finally standing up for myself and even though I don't believe violence is the awnser I won't hesitate to take down your sorry ass the next time you try and lay a finger on me."

With that being said I walked out of the room before he can get another word in. I know he probably doesn't care about what I've said nor will he change but I don't care.

I've had enough of this. He just brought out a side of me I never thought I would have to show.

But guess what ? The sweet Mia's gone and the gang leader's daughter is here to stay.

What did you think ? Do you like this Mia or the old Mia better ? COMMENT and Vote and let me know ❤❤