Chapter 28 Berries

It's been 3 days since my little Arabella was born and her so called "father" hasn't shown up again since storming out 3 days ago . Not that I mind - I don't want to see his smug face - but I atleast hoped he'd want to see his own daughter ! Clearly I was wrong ...

It's only been three days - and I might sound crazy - but she has  already grown so much . And by much I don't mean a lot but , enough ? I don't know ... I'm new at this okay ! Everything she does everyday is amazing to me .

Lydia hardly leaves me side - which is great , I appreciate her help - expect when she's needed in the kitchen or something . I've been staying in the guestroom , I have a feeling we're not welcome in the main bedroom anymore - not that I care - but it's nice bonding with Bella alone. 

Jake pops in from time to time , when he's not busy , and I really enjoy his company . When he visits me , that's usually when Lydia goes off to do her chores . We'd talk for hours about absolutely  nothing yet it is the highlight of my day , everyday.  He's even grown close to Bella . He likes to hold her and talk baby talk with her . It's very funny , yet so cute at the same time .

"Thanks for being here with me Jake , you know you don't have to right?  "

I know I said I enjoy his company , and I do but , I don't want him to feel like he has to be here with me out of pity because Austin ignores me .

"No way Mia , I love hanging out with you . Between all these other guys I'm glad to have someone my age to talk to every once and a while . Don't get me wrong Boss is great and all but I'm scared to death of him . "

I gave a chuckle , silently agreeing with him . Yup , Austin is definitly scary .

"You don't have to lie to me Jake , I know Austin is horrible.  But you're right , he's kinda scary . "

"No kidding " he said with a chuckle .

I looked over at Bella - whose sleeping next to me on the bed , I haven't had time or money to buy a crib for her yet - she looks like a  doll when she's sleeping . I love her so much .

"Oh ! That reminds me , I have a surprise for you " Jake exclaimed excited as I watched him with a curious look .

"Okay ? "

He stood up walking to the door before turning around to me again ; " you com'in ?" He asked with a smile .

I smiled back as I gently lifted Arabella up in my arms - not wanting to leave her alone on a bed - and followed him across the hall? 

"Jake what are you doing ? "

He didn't answer me , he just  reached into his jacket and pulled out a key , and unlocked the door.

When he opened it I started to tear up while walking in further.  I can't believe what my eyes were seeing .

A perfectly,  beautiful to a tee nursery for Bella  . It had grey walls , a rose gold crib , changing table , white fur rug , it even had cute pictures on the walls and an adorable giant giraffe.  It's cute beyond words.  He thought of everything! And made it look adorable at the same time !

I placed Bella in her crib and went directly to Jake,  engolving him in a hug , with tears streaming down my face. 

He stood stiff at first - probably surprised by my action - but then he loosed up and hugged me back . I was beyond grateful .

I pulled back , wiping my tears ; "thanks . You have no idea how much this means to me Jake . "

"No problem Mia,  it's my pleasure.  You deserve this and I can't take all the credit . Lydia did all the decorating . I just did the shopping and heavy lifting . " he answerd in a chuckle .