Chapter 5

"Young President?" One of the board members knocked on my office door.

"Yes? Can I help you Mr. Oakley?" I asked while reading last month's stock reports.

"Are you busy this evening? The rest of the board are celebrating your grandmother's birthday. We were thinking karaoke and drinks, are you in?" He said.

"Is grandma going home from Russia?"

"Technically, she's gonna FaceTime us." He looked away and smiled akwardly.

"Oh." Is all I have to say. I mean, I get it. She's busy...but at least she knows about my son. She was there during my labor after all.

"So...are you coming? You can invite Miss Badass!" Oh Oakley...this dude had a thing for Sapphire. Poor dude, he didn't know that she's engaged.

"Haha, sure. I'll go and I'll text her. I could use a break." I smiled and he exit to do the rest of his work.

And two people knocked on my door.

I looked and...its Quibble and Soarin having a staring contest...what the heck?

To ease the tension, as much as I enjoyed watching my secretary and my business partner trying to rip each others balls out, I cleared my throat,"May I help you two?" I tried my best to hide my smirk.

Quibble was the one to approach first,"Ma'am, here's the latest report on last weeks shares ever since the Skies corporation partnered with us." He said but paused when he said Soarin's last name.

I took the paper he gave me and the results are not that bad...I've gotta admit that.

"And you, Soarin? Do you need anything?" I asked.

"Ah, yes I do. It regards to the shares thing you've been wondering about." He said. He signaled Quibble to go but I said no otherwise because he raised Blue for 5 years already and this is regarding family matters, and Quibble is family.

"Look. I know you raged, but it is the truth. And Father, told me everything about the shares his father contributed to your grandmother. Its a tradition that the Rainbow and the Skies family always do. And anything that comes between that, like dating, will break that. And now...Blue is born, That tradition still lives on. I'm pretty sure you know this a long time ago, right?" I didn't respond.

I stared at him for a few seconds, closed my eyes and breathe for a sec.

"Look, I do know all of that. And I'm aware. Im pretty sure you also know that I still don't want you to approach my son even with all these traditions?" I fired back casually. I saw Quibble fan himself and whistled.

"Anyways, Are you coming later?"

"Coming where?"

"Oakley invited us to karaoke and drinks." Oakley! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK MAN

"Yes, I am. Now please leave, you will see me later anyways." I deadpanned. He left the office. Quibble sat on my table casually with a smirk.

I looked at him and said,"What?" With a stern voice. He just chuckled.

"Want me to come along?" He asked.

"As much as I wanted to handle this on my own, yes please." I sighed in defeat. He smiled.

----------

All the work is done. Finally...I could relax.

"Young pres! Miss badass is here! And we're all waiting for you!" Maybe not.

I grabbed my things and head outside my office, locking the door. I saw Quibble waiting for me, but he was asleep on his desk, snoring. I giggled, he looks adorable. He looks like a baby with that look.

I also started notice some small features of his as I move closer to him. He has freckles!!! OMG...help I'm so blessed, this is just cute. I slowly take out my phone and took a picture, and I realized that it isn't in silent mode. Fuck.

But he slowly opened his eyes,"Huh?" Oh shit did I woke him up?

He immediately jolted up as he saw me so close to his face,"DASH—Sorry did I fell asleep??" His face turned red as a beetroot.

"Yeah you kinda did...you look adorable tho." I laughed.

"Aaaaaaaahhhh Dash!" He covered his face in embarrassment. Waaaaahhh ahahahahaha omfg he's so precious!!

I stopped laughing for a sec,"Ahahaha ohhhh my God...Anyways, sorry I made fun of you." I apologized.

"I-it's fine, shall we go to the bar now? I feel like Oakley is gonna tease us again."

"Oh don't worry, I'll lower his salary if he does." I joked. He just laughed.

Oh yeah...he's been my best friend for years now...and I think this is the day we met...

"Hey."

"Hmmm?"

"Happy 6th anniFriendsary dude." I smiled. He smiled back.