Chapter 8

Quibble's pov

5 years ago

I keep running and running.

As quickly as possible, hoping that she didn't leave yet.

As I keep on running through the busy streets of Caterlot Avenue, I scan my surroundings. Ah! I found it! I walked slowly trying to catch my breath and fix my hair a little bit. I entered the cafe and saw a woman with dark hair with the fiercest green eyes sitting with crossed arms with an irritated expression. I approached her and kissed her cheek,"Happy anniversary babe! Sorry I am late today, you know, duty calls...I know I might not make it up to you but I won't make any promises and I will finish work early for you!" I tried to cheer up and muster the courage to smile for my girlfriend even though i know she's angry at me.

She just looks at me, her expression soften but only just a little bit, she still remained that strong look on her face.

She stood up, sighed and looked at me, "Quibble. I'm sorry, but I can't have a relationship like this with you. I know you are a hard working person, I appreciate to have someone who efforts so much like you but, I'm afraid you deserve someone better..." she holds both of my hands and looked at me as she said that. I see no sadness in her eyes, rather, she looks eager to this moment. My eyes started to well up.

"D-did i do something wrong..? Please tell me, I can fix this! I'll do anything just please...don't do this to me..." I begged while holding back my tears.

She let go of my hand and faced back at me.

"I don't love you anymore. I'm sorry Quibble...please find someone better." She said and walked away. I stood there frozen with tears streaming down from my eyes.

2 months later

I now begin my job as a security guard for Miss Dash.

While both mother and son are sleeping, I sat down the couch and heard a notification bell from my phone. It was from my friend Terry and he sent me a message with a picture in UniMessenger.

Its her...with a man who is clearly a decade older than her...they're kissing in an alleyway...

Terry: Dude...Is that your girl with a 40 year old man? Damn he looks rich as fuck.

Me: Why early in the morning you insensitive and toughtless dumbass? We broke up remember?

Terry: oops...sorry about that...right I'm really toughtless, you could just call me toughtless Terry tho, again I'm sorry...please don't get mad

Me: whatever. I'm still on my duty, dont ever mention her ever again.

Just my day. Great.

Didn't know she was into Gold digging. I should've seen that sooner. Why? Is it it because I am poor? Or good looking? Or even have a reputation? This makes me feel depressed. Just, why? I did everything I could to make her feel the happiest girl in the world...I did her wishes even if I am against some. Am I really not enough..? I should be careful the next time I decided to have feelings for someone else. Never again will I fall for someone who cares for money and fame.

Back to reality

"Hello? Earth to Quibble?" I see bright magenta eyes staring at me. It was Dash. I shaked my head and scratched my neck.

"Oh? Ah, I must've spaced out...you were saying something?" I tried to smile despite that painful memory. She raised a brow but shrugged after that. I just, don't want her to worry about me. She has been through enough and I don't want her to be bothered. Best friends shouldn't keep secrets...but in this case, I'm hiding a big one.

"Well, I was thinking of us going out to dinner? At Pegasus Hills, What do you think?" She asked while grinning.

I decided to take this opportunity to tease her," Is my boss asking me out on a date?" I smirked. I saw her face changed its expression from cheerful to embarrassment, she must've realized something she said. Hahaha, hilarious!

"D-Dumbass, its a dinner, not a date! I am rewarding my most trusted, hard-working secretary and aka my best friend to one of the finest restaurants in the city! " She stammered and crossed her arms. I just laughed at her. Its really fun to tease her like this, just us personally. During office hours, We both maintain professionalism and call each other formally but after that, we just laughed about everything we did. She gets me, I get her. We're like highschool kids.

"Then as your most trusted, hard-working secretary, aka your best friend, I will gladly accept your gift." I brushed off a piece of her hair that was getting in the way of her face. She softly smiled. Come to think of it, I never gotten this close to her face before. Have I? I can't remember.

Her cute heart shaped lips, rosy cheeks and beautiful protruding eyes, come to think of it, she could be a model for any make up brand or a clothing line, she doesn't look like a mother, rather, an elegant and sophisticated woman

Her cute heart shaped lips, rosy cheeks and beautiful protruding eyes, come to think of it, she could be a model for any make up brand or a clothing line, she doesn't look like a mother, rather, an elegant and sophisticated woman. She looks beautiful, so is her personality.

Until this moment was interrupted by a cough.

"Ahem. Sir? Boss? Surely I'm not interrupting something, right?" We quickly turned around to see Oakley smirking.

Dash quickly got down from the counter, "Oh I don't know Okaley, what did you think? I am pretty sure that you want me to do it, do you?" She sarcastically smiled.

"Right, right, my bad. Just please dont lower my salary, our beautiful boss!" His face went pale and raised his arms to surrender, prasing her non stop. In the office, she is literally the boss of bosses. Like her grandmother. But she never forgets to value her employees and establish mutuality as if she's treating them like close family members.

"It's a joke, Oakley. Don't let it get to you, okay? And whatever happened here shall stay here in this kitchen, got that?"

"Got it boss!" Oakley saluted and left the kitchen area. She looked at me one last time and smiled before saying, "Let's go back to work, shall we?" She tried walking away from the kitchen counter then...

And she limped again. I just chuckled and helped her get to her office. Right after I helped her get there I felt goosebumps, Like someone is giving me a hard, cold stare. I turned around and saw him giving me the look.

Even though he is the business partner, I was given permission to do drastic measures in case something else happens. This is only the beginning, you won't get her, Soarin. Not even Blue. Its your choice to leave them, acknowledge it.