Chapter 7

Dash.

Another rough morning. Another meeting. And another one of Blue's constant whining because he wants me to take a break and go to DisneyLand with me and Quibble. Ugh, honestly I do want to, but if only I wasn't CEO. Fml

"Ah fuck-" I cursed as I spilled my coffee on the floor.

"26 years old and still cursing, huh?" A familiar voice greeted me. I looked up, Oh Dear God, I don't have time to deal with bullshit again.

"Morning, CEO." He smiled a little, more like a shy one. Oh what is he? A fucking high school girl?

"Morning too, Soarin." I smiled flatly. As I was about to stand up and walk away, stupid clumsy me slipped and landed on something hard...or someone hard. I tried focusing my vision and I fell on top of Soarin. I saw him blush like a damn school girl while me? My face heated up of embarrassment and anger.

I tried to get up but somehow, I felt a sharp sting coming from my foot. Great, I sprained my fucking ankle, what else? I smashed his dick——
"Are you alright Dash?" He asked. I didn't answer and continued to get up but no matter my efforts were, nothing goes.

"No shit Sherlock, I sprained my ankle cause of that stupid coffee. Of course I'm not fucking alright. Never again, will I drink that stupid shit again." I deadpanned and groaned. He also tried to get up and he succeeded. He also insisted to help me get up, as much as I hate his balls, I decided to lower my pride and at least accept his generous help.

As I stood up, the pain increases, I stumbled but I tried to hide it and just walk away, obviously limping.

"Where are you going? You're limping! At least let me help you——"

"I am fine, Soarin! I don't need your help to begin with!" I yelled. And continue to walk away. I went to the office kitchen to get some ice and to my surprise, Quibble is there munching his cheesecake.

He saw me limping so he carried me and placed me on the kitchen counter. He grabbed a pack of ice and wrapped it with a towel and placed it on my ankle.

"I saw that." I heard him say.

"I'm a klutz, I know. I fell on my enemy. You don't have to——"

He cupped my face, "What I mean is, you don't have to act like that to the poor guy. I get that you both had a past, but you gotta lower down your pride and accept things as they are. He offered you his hand to help, yet you deny it. That means you're still not over him. If you want to show that you're completely over him, you've gotta be yourself. Like nothing happened between the both of you." He said. I dared not to speak.

I wanted to forget everything. The pain, the past...just everything. I don't know if I'm certain or still waiting for something to forget all of these negative feelings inside my chest.

I looked away to avoid eye contact, but he said,"Hey...it's alright. Whatever happens, I'll always be there for you. No promises." He smiled warmly. I can't help but smile as well. I held his cupped hand tightly and thanked him.

"Hey how come you never had a girlfriend before?" I asked, trying to lighten up the mood. With a beetroot face, he chuckled in reply.

"I did, but she...left me for a rich dude 8 years ago. I guess I wasn't good enough for her...Sometimes I question myself, to think that it's not my fault I'm poor.